Thursday, January 5, 2012

Change for Better or for Worse in Hello Project

A lot of H!P fans weren't too far off when they predicted that Niigaki and Takahashi would graduate together.  Niigaki announced that she will be graduating at the end of their spring tour.  They may not have done it together, but Niigaki sure didn't last much longer.  Although, I don't know why she didn't go with her.  I guess Niigaki didn't want to be overshadowed.  Now there are rumors flying around about graduations and new members being added to the other Hello Project groups.  Hello Project is being weird like that.  Their music and strategy at the moment seems to be to hold onto their core fan base, but with all the changes in members will they stick?  Or better yet, will the other members?  Key members of Morning Musume have jumped ship but that isn't surprising because it was only a matter of time.  However, s/mileage was a surprise.  

I've kind of lost interest in Hello Project.  The main reason is that I'm not very intrigued by their music.  S/mileage was a beacon of hope when they went major, but their singles following their first album were underwhelming like the rest of Hello Project (in my opinion).  I finally got what I wanted for Morning Musume: graduation of Niigaki and Takahashi and new members.  I fear that it won't help if the music side doesn't try harder.  I'm giving up on seeing Hello Project take risks.  I find it dull.  My new dream is that they quit and audition for NMB, HKT, of start a new idol group.  If they have ambition they would leave.  Sorry if that opinion hurts your feelings.  (Look at it this way.  I think the girls aren't living up to their potential.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...