Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mina's AKB Update!

Sorry I haven't been posting much.  I've gotten into this weird pattern where I won't want to blog about anything and then all of a sudden I want to spam.  This also seems to occur around the same time that the other contributing bloggers post something.  But, I think you guys are starting to notice that I've become a lazy bum (no news posts, birthday spam, or release info+links).  Maybe when I get back from Japan I'll try to reinitiate my old patterns, but then again I had more free time that summer and during high school.  Anyway, I'm sorry I get sidetracked easily (you don't know how true that moment was - I just read like seven blog posts from the blogs I'm following).  Oh gosh, I did it again and checked my email.  I'm torn (sorry I for some insane reason think you enjoy everything that goes on in my head, you should just skip this part. . . oh wait I'm not done with this section anyway).

First off, as most of you know already AKB48 released their 21st single (Everyday, Headband) today/ yesterday (depending how you think about it).  The first day sales. . . 942,475 copies!  They are so reaching one million by the end of the week, and another record breaking single!  I think someone needs to suck something!  (Don't ask.)  (I'm sorry, got a little overly excited/ proud.)  But that isn't the only thing: the early election results are in.

1 Oshima Yuko (17156)
2 Maeda Atsuko (16452)
3 Kashiwagi Yuki (12056)
4 Takahashi Minami (8633)
5 Watanabe Mayu (8582)
6 Shinoda Mariko (8016)
7 Sashihara Rino (7357)
8 Itano Tomomi (6596)
9 Matsui Rena (SKE48, 6559)
10 Kojima Haruna (6534)
11 Miyazawa Sae (5157)
12 Takajo Aki (5096)
13 Minegishi Minami (3931)
14 Kitahara Rie (3860)
15 Kasai Tomomi (3102)
16 Matsui Jurina (SKE48, 2843)
17 Yokoyama Yui (2753)
18 Sato Amina (2684)
19 Masuda Yuka (2201)
20 Kuramochi Asuka (1793)
21 Takayanagi Akane (SKE48, 1761)
22 Nakagawa Haruka (1571)
23 Akimoto Sayaka (1502)
24 Hirajima Natsumi (1484)
25 Yamamoto Sayaka (NMB48, 1444)
26 Umeda Ayaka (1441)
27 Miyazaki Miho (1378)
28 Suda Akari (SKE48, 1139)
29 Oota Aika (1129)
30 Hata Sawako (SKE48, 1118)
31 Kizaki Yuria (SKE48, 1053)
32 Ooya Shizuka (904)
33 Ooya Masana (SKE48, 885)
34 Watanabe Miyuki (NMB48, 854)
35 Sato Sumire (852)
36 Matsui Sakiko (814)
37 Ooba Mina (Research Student, 811)
38 Komori Mika (792)
39 Yagami Kumi (SKE48, 779)
40 Fujie Reina (778)

Now don't get too excited or disappointed.  This is good for seeing who is making rank, period.  It is also good to get a general perspective.  However, things tend to change by the final results.  From what I recall during last election the preliminary results were pretty similar, but there are some major jumps once it gets to the final.  For some reason people wait to the last second, or go crazy if they think someone isn't high enough.  Matsui Jurina jumped during the last election (Matsui Rena was ranked higher than her most of the time).  I'm not surprised if Shinoda Mariko drops in rank this year.  She hasn't been really present in AKB lately, probably because of all the outside work she does.  Kashiwagi had a huge jump, and I'm not 100% sure why.  What has changed since last year?  Maybe French Kiss made her more visible.  I wouldn't read into this too much.

Song Ranking:
1. これからWonderland
☆☆☆☆
2. ヤンキーソウル (Majisuka Gakuen Cast)
☆☆☆☆
3. Everyday、カチューシャ
☆☆☆☆
4. アンチ (Research Students)
☆☆☆☆
5. 人の力 (Undergirls)
☆☆☆☆

One thing I've been doing recently is putting together and updating a playlist on YouTube.  Since AKB48 has been performing more with live-vocals I wanted to collect the evidence proving that they can sing (maybe not Beyonce good, but they can).  You can check it out.  I try to check every so often to make sure the videos aren't deleted, and you can give me a heads up if there is anything else I should add.




B-sides' PV Reviews!

I absolutely love this promotional video; this made me wish that this was the A-side.  It suits the song perfectly.  It has style, color, it incorporates each member.  The costumes and set look amazing.  There is nothing I dislike. Sure, the storyline shot may not be the most interesting for some, but I liked it.


AKB48 - ヤンキーソウル from MIYO on Vimeo.
This is pretty much the extended version of the opening, but this time the editors had a little bit of fun and we get to see more of the dance shot.  This looks like it has a higher production value than most of Hello Project's recent PVs.  Although, I find that the B-side PVs are higher quality (concept and execution-wise) than the A-side.


AKB48 UG - 人の力 from MIYO on Vimeo.
Undergirls got pushed to the third song. . . this doesn't seem like it.  This may be the best Undergirls PV yet.  Adorbs >.<  It is just the girls working hard, teamwork, and having fun and it is wonderful.  Can this be the A-side?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...