Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mina's Random Tidbits!

Here is the deal, I feel bad for not posting in a while but I have been busy with midterms, tests, and essays so. . . yeah.  There are a lot of things I want to talk about and I have been collecting PVs and previews that I want to review, but you'll probably have to wait till next weekend.  Things are still a bit crazy here with the budget, Scott Walker, the election (there will probably be a recall).  Another young AKB48 member just graduated.  I'll just take some stuff I don't mind cutting down.

AKB48's 21st Single translates to "Everyday, Headband", LOL.  Did anyone think of glee when they heard that?  "What is your favorite song?  -My headband.  What are all those songs about? Headbands." The preview is posted above.  At first I was quite disappointed, but then I downloaded the preview to see if it would grow on me.  Two things can test my true feelings for a song: the PV and or randomly listening to it.  What I discovered was when it came on I would become infectiously cheerful and would want to dance along.  I am interested how they will interpret this into PV form.  I was thinking they would do something similar to Namida no Seesaw Game.  Now if anyone complains about this be too idol~ly then I am going to virtually smack them in the face.  Not because they are an idol group, but because they recently released a song that doesn't fall into the typical idol genre: love or working hard.


I am currently taking a Japanese Culture and Civilization class for my major and we just finished the book: Art of Edo Japan (written by Christine Guth).  I could of did an essay like post with this, but screw it.  The context is that Guth is talking about Kabuki in Osaka mostly relating to woodblock prints (pg. 136).
"Clubs [of theatre devotees] developed elaborate clapping techniques to applaud their hero, especially when he made his first appearance of the season; they wore special garments in the actor's favorite colors or emblazoned with his crest; and assumed financial responsibility for their decoration and repairs to the theater where "their" actor performed.  This system of private patronage was essential to the flowering of Kabuki theater in Osaka and to the development of its autonomous printmaking tradition."

WTF Johnny?
So I bought my first Arashi CD, and I was super excited about it.  The limited edition sold out on CD Japan in a matter of hours, so I bought the RE because I like to support the artists and it came with one extra coupling track.  When I got it, it was a let down.  The RE CD is a pretty cheap looking thing.  It looked like they printed out the cover on some slightly firmer paper and put it in a plastic CD case you buy when you make someone a mix CD.  WTF Johnny!  I am not going to buy a RE CD from them ever again.  I recommend you do the same.


I hope to do couple of posts soon:
Glee - The American Interpretation of Idols
Mass PV Reviews
A Japanese Culture and Civ. Essay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...