Wednesday, June 29, 2011

NMB48's 1st Stage Review

First let's start with me feelings about not going to see AKB48 in concert because I couldn't get tickets:


Now Let's First Meet The Girls:
Sorry if some of these suck, but I sure don't know their names.

______________

月見草
Now I've also reviewed the original A3, and I am a fan of the set.  As expected because they are younger than Team A at the time, they are more high pitched.  I do think that their dancing is a bit cleaner than Team A's (like their transitions).  I was surprised by how together and good their performance is consider how new they are.  New teams usually look a bit rough around the edges, especially when they are the first batch and don't have to go through being a trainee.  Sayaka is my current favorite.  At first I was a bit confused why they selected her (because I didn't peg her as the ace type based on looks) to be the ace when they had a girl who is a mix of Moeno and Kashiwagi.  However, her performance quality is spectacular.  She grabs your attention, and she has this sexy, powerful air about her.  Not like she is trying to be sexy, just that her confidence makes you gravitate towards her.  I usually don't bother with cover stages because once they get an original stage they are developed enough (unless you want to look back at them when they were fresh and rough).  I wouldn't be against giving them an original now, but maybe Akimoto hasn't grasped what to highlight and each members strengths.  WOW, they are so on point and smooth already.

Warning
I don't like the flashing lights because it tends to be overpowering if you are watching it live, but I do know why they are using it.  Is it me or is their stage bigger?

誕生日の夜
There are a couple of girls that look like S/mileage's Kanon.  There is another girl after my heart: she has bangs.  I need to figure out which one she is.  I'll know once I see which unit she is in.  Sorry I don't have much to say at the moment.
MC Note: Her name is Rika, and they yell louder but for a shorter period of time.

Bird
I think I like this version better than Takamina's.  Someone uploaded this unit onto YouTube and I downloaded this stage right after.  Sayaka is amazing when she performs.  I wouldn't mind voting for this unit in the Top 100.

投げキッスで撃ち落せ!
It is going to be hard to surpass chibi Tomochin, Mii-chan, and Acchan.  This unit makes sense since they are so many fresh faced, young idols right now.  They are good, but Mii-chan did a better job with the choreography.

蜃気楼
Their vocals are great.  It is also hard to live up to Kojiharu and Rinatin.  I think I'll add Mayu to my favorites list.  They are doing a wonderful job with their movement, especially since it is a slow song.

ライダー
I didn't like this unit at all when I watched it during a Top 100 concert, but then I heard what the lyrics were about.  It is now a favorite of mine.  I find he choreography too bouncy.  They feel a bit either awkward or passive. . . except pink and yellow.  However, my favorite has to be Kei.

制服が邪魔をする
I miss this single, and the following one.  I enjoy when AKB48 does dark songs, but is this appropriate for all these girls?  They should be at least in high school.  Wow, Rika just keeps on making eye contact with the camera.  Excellent performance ladies.

夏が行っちゃった
Some of the girls in the back look a bit tired, but besides that an excellent performance.

小池
They selected her for the speaking part!  There are others that look a bit more feisty and less cutesy.  Riho is really on right now.  I would much prefer her or Rika to take the speaking part.  She is a bit on the annoying side.     

月のかたち
Oh another favorite of mine.  The dancing has improved for this number.  No one better complain about the dancing and their age.  They probably haven't seen a middle school dance now-a-days.

誰かのために ~What can I do for someone?~
That was beautiful.  I have no suggestions.

Beginner 
This is going to be too high pitched for this song for me.  The movement is good, but maybe some more power behind it would improve the performance.

チャンスの順番 & ポニーテールとシュシュ & ヘビーローテーション
They did a good job, but it didn't really highlight them.  They'll be better once they have their own singles to perform.

NMB48
I bet they're tired.  SKE was more lively when I saw them perform it.  They had more bounce and energy behind it.

涙売りの少女
This is where their pitch fits better.

Favorites:
Riho
Rika
Rina
Sayaka
Mayu
Haruna
Kei

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...