Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mina's PV (Preview) Reviews


This song is a perfect mix for Itano Tomomi.  Because of her unique voice she can liven up a ballad, but her personality suits a dance track.  The PV is mostly showing off Tomochin in a variety of looks.  I like the muted color scheme, it reminds me of the same scheme using in Marie Antoinette.  There is a variety of shots and angles, which keeps the video interesting.  It sold me, so I would say that it is a good PV.



Those close up shots make me giggle, but I do like the dance shots.  I'm not a fan of this group, just to let you know.  The guys look so goofy during their storyline shots, but I do like that they added a storyline. Notice how the camera rarely isn't moving, this is always a good idea to make a good PV.





Another disclaimer: I haven't liked Kara since they hit Japanese shores.  I don't like the barbie-esque look to this whole video.  What is with the choreography towards the end of the chorus?  I did enjoy the beach scenes, and the verses.  Besides that, I could live without the Korean barbies and chorus.



First off if anyone is confused about the storyline and why the little girl becomes Acchan: there was never a little sister, it was always Acchan.  I don't know how to explain it the best, but the little girl is not real.  This PV is perfect for Acchan because it highlights her acting abilities by making her cry a lot.  The whole supposed 'big-little sister relationship' is adorable.  I wish the scene with all the pin wheels on the beach were a larger element because it matches the title.  I didn't mind the fact that there is no close up shot because we get plenty of that while she was promoting the single.



Yeah, MaiMai gets another single!  It has been a while, which isn't surprising because she hasn't been selling well.  I don't know if I like it from what I've seen.  I adore the extra close up shot of her singing at the beginning, but I want to cut the medium shot.  I was thrilled to see a different set, which isn't a good sign, but I don't know what to make of the three people and her dance shot outfits.  We'll see.







I like the song, and the dark overtones in the video match it. . .  but the robot girl.  Wait, are the guys robots too?  I like the effort, but something bugs me about the robot girl.



HANGRY&ANGRY are also back!  They should of ditched the stuffed animals by now.  Besides that, I think the video is great.  The marionette shot is awesome for the slow verses.  Them behind the wires and netting is great.  The lighting is awesome.  I'm not the biggest fan of the costumes, but this is promotion from a fashion brand (so not much you can do about that).



I wish they just stuck with the white dresses and outdoor scene for the entire video.  They could of done some different things with it, but I love the color contrast and mood.  The jean outfits sitting inside just don't do anything for me.



Here is the Red Team's preview.  I don't have anything bad to say about this video.  It is perfect.



Wow, they did a good job with White Team's PV too.  I don't care for the song.



AKB48's choice PV get away is Guam, is SKE48's Hawaii?  Now that they are with Avex, they probably could afford it.  I like the idea of the blue and white costumes instead of just swimsuits.  The jumping into the ocean shots are cool!  This was a home run for me.



Solid job so far.  I don't love the song, but the PV improved my impression of the song.



The PV doesn't do anything for me.  There are some nice things about it, but the main set is used so much that it looks like they were under budget constraint.  It didn't sell this song or the artist to me at all.



NMB48's first PV, this will set the tone of what style singles they will probably release onwards.  I love the concept because you always notice how new idols have their black hair, but after debut dye it.  I like the effect of adding the traditional pattern.  The dance shot and close ups are basic, but they have different angles, lights, wind, ect so they keep the pace.  I'm thrilled they feature NMB48's sexiness and good dance skills.  Another great thing about this is that it includes each member.  This isn't unusual if you consider AKB48 and SKE48's first PVs.  The question is if this will continue if they release another single before the addition of a second team.


This is a new look for No Sleeves.  I like the use of various shoots at one time.  I don't care for the passing along different item shots, and them playing cards.  I don't think they add anything to it.  Besides that, they did a great job with adding some edge to the song.



I don't like the over-use of the word over, or the fact that they keep making the telephone-hand sign in the choreography.  I first heard this song when they were promoting it.  I actually love it.  The dance shot is amazing.  I like the close-ups, but they aren't anything special.  I probably wouldn't have minded having the whole PV be the dance shot.  What ruins this PV for me is the floating objects.  Floating objects have never been used well in a PV except an AAA PV.



Blue and white colors make a really clean, summer PV.  The lighting, the different angles and pans, and the sets are all on point.  The only thing I would cut out is the running shots.  I am surprised they didn't try anything more complex when it came to the dancing considering they were back up dancers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...