Thursday, March 29, 2012

AKB48 @ Saitama Super Area [First Day] Review

I was super happy to see shuffle units return to the concert playlists!  Seibu Dome Concert was seriously lacking one of my favorite things about concerts.  Hey, if you aren't there in person it is nice for them to mix it up.  Single sections are starting to bug me because it is pretty much the same songs, every concert, in the same order.  Personally, I think they should mix them throughout the entire concert.  This time around it was better than some of their pervious concerts.  


Opening Set:
GIVE ME FIVE!
(Pained expression) Um. . . I appreciate that they took the extra time to learn new instruments and play them live during concerts.  They could of just used them in the music video and did their usual deal live, but they didn't.  They also performed live at concerts, but it is really off.  They clearly haven't practiced enough, which isn't surprising considering how busy some of the girls are.  It still doesn't excuse the fact that at least some members are messing up.  I'm not musically inclined, so my guess is the brass section and maybe one of the guitars or bass.  The staff weren't smart about staging, by setting up the large instruments like the drums on a moveable stage.  Seriously guys, practice or don't do it.  


First Rabbit
Ok, when they first stood up did anyone see how unamused Tomochin was at doing the bunny-ears?  It was funny.  I haven't mentioned the costumes yet.  I think they are wonderful for event such as these because they are quite flashy.  It helps them stand out.  It also is playful enough to go from a rock-look to this idoly song.  The song itself is generic idol, but I like it.  I don't think it is catchy, but it does one of my favorite things: have development like a climax or change in pace.  [OMG! the video quality is horrible for making my own screenshots.  I wonder if there are ones I can find on the internet. . .]  

Shoujotachi yo
This song has really grown on me.  I'm amazed at how many generic idol songs they can get me to like.  The performance is strong, but it isn't like the dancing is difficult.  



Everyday, Kachuusha
Yeah, using the space.  WOW, the floor lights up and has different designs.  That is neat.  

Team Section:
Shonichi (Team A)

Oh goodie, there are more new concert costumes.  I adore this song and all, but why is Team A performing this song?  The whole narrative is on Team B working hard to shine as much as the other teams.  If any team should perform it should be Team 4.  Plus, it doesn't fit their image.  They should of performed Pioneer.  I do adore these costumes and accessories. 


Only Today (Team A)
Now we are back to a Team A style song, but the most done one.  Don't get me wrong, I love it.  Only, there is other great Team A songs out there.  The girls are good at playing with the camera, and are on point.  Takamina's hair is perfect at this length and style.



Bacchikoi K (Team K+ Omori Miyu)
WHAT?  0.0 . . . Is Team K performing a cute Team B song?  It is good, and it works considering there is an issue of names.  The costumes perfectly match Team K's image.  So, is that sassy little butt-shake.  Do they do a Team theme day during the other concerts?



Korogaru Ishi ni Nare (Team K+ Omori Miyu)
Al-rightly then, I guess they are just messing with me today.  Ucchi looks gorgeous with long hair.  



AKB Sanjou (Team B+ Izuta Rina)
The stylists are really on point considering how many variations and set of costumes they need to make.  I've been wondering how Team B's position as the fresh, young team is since the creation of Team 4.  I'm sorry I don't have much to say.  It is not like we haven't seen these performed in concert.


Team B Oshi (Team B+ Izuta Rina)
Team A should of had a name song since the other teams did one.  Amina looks fetching as always.  Nice Y-balance.  I miss Myao's butt-push.  Did Myao dye her hair back?  No, maybe not. . . it is hard to tell with the dark lighting.  If you watch closely enough you can catch them messing with each other.  Mariya can kick her legs up pretty high.  Team B's new members are really developing; too bad they get passed over for Team 4 members.  



Hashire Penguin (Team 4)
I prefer concerts where I see songs I don't tend to see performed.  This adorable, and the penguin outfits are flattering.  I kind of want one.  I thing the floor design is fitting.  Good thing this wasn't Mariko's song because it would of been odd.  It is not as catchy as the song they compared it to.  Pretty standard idol song and performance.  Looks like Paruru is being pushed.  I guess I can see her as a mini-Maeda.  



Junjou U-19 (NMB48)
On the note of Milky's transfer, I was disappointed to discover it was to humble her.  No one likes a betch.  I hope she can get over it.  NMB's dancing is pretty strong.  



Kataomoi Finally (SKE48+ Yakata Miki)
Here is a song with good choreography.  The girls are on point.  I notice that some girls don't perform as well during concerts, but there are some strong glances being thrown around.  Good job.



Sub-Groups, Soloists, and Shuffle Units:

Lost the way (DiVA)DiVA is an amazing sub-group.  I wish that it continues even after they graduate, or AKB disbands.  Lovely.  [That thing they do afterwards. . . meh.  Not my scene.]



Nagisa no Cherry (Shimazaki Haruka, Oshima Ryouka, Shinozaki Ayana, Takashima Yurina)
They are selling Paruru as mini-Maeda.  She is one of my favorites from Team 4.  This song doesn't really demand anything besides being idol-like.    


Mujineki (Iwasa Misaki)
She looks lovely in that kimono.  Idols are the only reason why I like enka.  I just think of it as a ballad.  She is probably the strongest vocalist in AKB, but she tends to sing with an enka style.  


End Roll (Kashiwagi Yuki, Shimada Haruka, Nito Moeno, Yamauchi Suzuran)
This isn't Kashiwagi's style, but she looks good.  She has been performing well today.  I think there are members who would of danced better than her.  Has Tomochin done this shuffle before?  I can't remember.  The girls representing Team 4 are on point.  Of course Moeno is awesome, isn't she always?  




Yokaze no Shiwaza (Kojima Haruna)
Haruna is a wonderful singer, but she isn't my favorite idol in the world.  Plus, this song is kind of bland.  It either needs to be sung by someone with a unique voice/ performing or by one of your favorites.  


Junjou Shugi (Takahashi Minami, Kasai Tomomi, Matsui Rena)
YES!  This is an amazing song, and the unit is spectacular.  They all fit perfectly into their lines.  I like those shoes.


Kuchi Utsushi no Chocolate (Shinoda Mariko, Takajo Aki, Minegishi Minami)
I like this combination as well.  I don't care for Shinoda in shuffle units because her I don't love her voice.  Minegishi is working it.  I like how Takajo has been styling her hair as of late.  


Naminori Kakigoori (Not Yet)
What are those outfits?  I can't get over those.  


Dear J (Itano Tomomi)
Tomochin is the Shibuya idol to Kyary's Harajuku.  I love watching her perform.  


Flower (Maeda Atsuko)
Uh oh, her voice isn't on point.  Okay she got better during the verses.  Never mind, she has done better.  Poor thing.  I'll just write this off as lack of rest or stress from the upcoming announcement.      


Shonen yo Uso wo Tsuke (Watarirouka Hashiritai 7+ Urano Kazumi)
This is adoreable.  I love this performance and song.  I didn't think CINDY would fit in this well.  Personally, I wouldn't mind her staying around longer.  Those outfits are pretty too.  I like the choreography because it suits the song.

Singles Sections:

Heavy Rotation (JKT48)
Opps by organization, they came on a bit late.  A lot are a bit over-the-top with their facial expressions.  This type of performance is something I expect from new idol groups, which is why I adore NMB48.  I do like that they are lower pitched than the Japanese idol groups.


Namida Surprise (HKT48)
They also seem to be rough around the edges.  I also don't think this is the ideal song for them to perform.  I seriously don't know why they perform this song if there isn't a birthday.  The center is quite adorable.  


Seishun no Lap Time (NMB48)
Those costumes are great, they even have leopard print.  This song reminds me of the Undergirls, but not as catchy as most of their songs tend to be. 


1!2!3!4! Yoroshiku! (SKE48)
Matsui Jurina has grown on me since she cut her hair.  She doesn't make as many of those scary smile faces.  There are times when some of the girls are sloppy, but overall they were good.


Makeoshimi Congratulation (SDN48)
I'm sad that this is their final song.  I don't like it.  The whole appeal of SDN is that they're not the usual idol group.  They could of done a ballad with awesome vocals, or a charming song about a girls night drinking, karaoke, or clubbing.  It is bland, and not catchy.  The performance was good, but not selling this song.  They also should of moved this song to the previous section when SKE and NMB performed their new singles.    


Kodoku na Runner (SDN48)
Maybe it is the low quality of the video, but I've seen better from them.  No, some of the girls don't seem as in to it.  Okay, they improved after the dance section.    



Oogoe Diamond (10th~12th gen Kenkyuusei)
I like the idea of having the trainees perform the old singles.  I still would like to see older ones like their 4th single.  I understand why Akimoto wants to form Team 8; they do have some talent built up.  Did I mention I like the floor displays.  The only thing, is that if you are higher up it likely distracts your vision of the performance.  


Beginner
Now onto my favorite recent AKB single, that was short.  The laser lights are pretty badass.  


Kaze wa Fuiteiru
I do like those costumes, they don't look like they are just there for a quick costume change.  They fit the song.  Okay, I might like this song more than Beginner.  Very nice performance ladies.


RIVER (13th gen Kenkyuusei)
Here are the runts of the litter, including the new pushed girl.  They shouldn't be performing in a major way yet.  They should be doing back up still.  There are definitely a couple of girls trying hard, but the majority aren't as good in the dance department.  They should of done an idoly song.  


Iiwake Maybe
These are lovely costumes, plus the non-regular senbatsu members get their own and not some stage look-a-like.  This song never gets old.  


Flying Get
I've noticed some goofing around, but not as much as I would hope.  Half of the fun of concerts is seeing live fan-service/ seeing the girls enjoying themselves.  


Ponytail to Shushu
I perticularly enjoyed this one because of all the little moments, like awkward Sasshi face and Amina smiling like crazy.    


Hikoukigumo (ALL)

I'm glad that this is back to one of the ending songs.    


Dareka no tame ni (ALL)Are they all singing live?  I get choked up at the part when the audience joins in.

ENCORE:


Gugutasu no Sora (Google+ Senbatsu)
This is pretty good song.  I love the styling and variety in members.  They are really pushing Google+ and AKB48.



Aitakatta (ALL)
I like the encores where all the girls are in just a simple T-shirt and jeans.  


Anata ga Ite Kureta Kara (AKB48)
This is a sad farewell.  They should of done the final song for SDN48's stage; it is such a beautiful ballad.  Crap, I'm going to cry.  


Heavy Rotation

1 comment:

  1. I suspected my wife of cheating on me but I never had any proof. This went on for months, I didn't know what to do. i was so paranoid and decided to find a solution, i saw a recommendation about a private investigator and decided to contact him. I explained the situation about my wife to him and he said he was going to help me.I gave him all the informations he required and afterwards i received all my wife’s phones Text messages whatsApp messages and calls, I was hurt when i saw a picture of my wife and her lover. I feel so bad about infidelity. but i am glad Mr james was able to help me get all this information, you can contact him via email(worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) or Text/call : +12317945543

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...