Sunday, February 20, 2011

Oku Manami(AKB48) Announces Graduation

Oku Manami's graduation message from the AKB48 official blog, translated by loveandcoffee@stage48:
Today I have a sudden announcement.
This time, Oku Manami will graduate from AKB48.
I joined AKB48 when I was 10, and without knowing anything, I’ve always done my best with what I was told to do.
There haven’t only been good things, but I have made myself a lot of good memories.
And more than anything, I have been able to come all the way so far thanks first to Akimoto-sensei, then to all the staff, and especially thanks to the support of my fans.
Being in AKB48 for 5 years I’ve met a lot of people and I’ve been able to experience many things.
Without understanding a thing, I’ve just struggled my way to here but somewhere inside my heart, the desire for the
“student life”
I haven’t been able to experience grew bigger and bigger, and the days I spent worrying “What do I really want to do?” have been really hard.
As I stayed in AKB while feeling so half-hearted I felt guilty towards the people who supported me, and after thinking many times and asking many times for staff’s advice, I decided to graduate in order to pursue my new dream: advance with my studies.
For 5 years, I have given you a lot of hard times and made you worry…
But all the time, I don’t know how to say it, but I’ve always been so thankful to all the people who supported me.
Thank you very much.
I think the last time I will be able to meet you is the April handshake event.
I will announce the details of my graduation as soon as they’ve been decided.
Then, there’s just a little time before my graduation, but please keep supporting me.


Here is her profile and some trivia for those not too familiar with her:
Oku Manami (奥真奈美)
Nickname: Maachan (まーちゃん), Manamana (まなまな)
Birthdate: November 22nd, 1995 (15)
Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
Team: B
Height: 153.5 cm (5'0")
Bust: 81 cm
Waist: 60 cm
Hips: 87 cm
Agency: office48 (AKB48's agency)

Singles:
-Hone Hone Waltz (Honegumi from AKB48)
-BINGO!
-Kimi no Koto ga Suki dakara (Under Girls)
-Katatsumuri (solo)
-Nusumareta Kuchibiru (Under Girls)
-Boku Dake no Value (Under Girls)
-Love Jump (Team B)
-Guuzen no Juujirou (Under Girls)
Stage Units:
-Team K 1st Stage : Classmate
-Team K 2nd Stage : Ame no Doubutsuen
-Team K 3rd Stage : Honehone Waltz
-Himawari-gumi 1st Stage : IDOL nante yobanaide (2nd Unit)
-Himawari-gumi 2nd Stage : Tonari no Banana (2nd Unit)
-Team K 4th Stage : Hatsukoi Dorobou
-Team K 5th Stage: Ai no Iro
-Team B 5th Stage: Hatsukoi yo, Konnichiwa
Trivia:
-She is half Japanese and half Italian
-Was an original member of Team K
-Joined AKB48 at age 10
-Says "I'm sorry" often.
-Good friends with Noro Kayo.
-A favorite of Megumi Ohori (original Team K who was transferred to SDN48)
-Used to often practice dancing with Umeda Ayaka and Noro Kayo at the backstage.
-Her favorite actress is Ayase Haruka.
-She is very friendly at the backstage while reserved on the stage, but recently she has improved.
-Was known to stare awkwardly during performances.
-Likes scary stories even if that will make her cry.
-Seems close with Ono Erena since their audition.
-Was transferred from Team K to Team B in 2009.
-Akimoto, the producer of AKB48, in an article referred to her as a future ace
-Played a lolita yankee in the first season of Majisuka Gakuen

Thoughts and Feelings:
I can't be upset by the idea of her leaving to focus on her education, especially since she is getting to the age where classes are more important and taxing.  Education is important to me and I respect idols who try to do both, especially attending college.  It must have been getting very difficult for Maachan when she is shy, no longer has the full support of Team K, and going through this at a young age.  I imagine having Team K there for support helped her before, so the shuffle must be rough.  While I think Team B suits her personality, if you consider what is best for her, she would of gotten along better with Team K.  I like shy idols because I like a variety of personalities, and they tend not to be stuck up but instead sweet.

Wow, did I just get really depressed in a short amount of time.  I figured graduations would be coming up because those sorts of things tend to surface around concerts, but I didn't see Maachan coming.  She is so young and Akimoto adores her.  Maachan never got ranked so high by fans, but Akimoto always put her in the Under Girls group.  She also was selected to release a solo single for an anime, so I believe Akimoto saw potential and talent in her.  I do hope she returns to showbiz later, because I know from personal experience that as you get older (in the right environment) you can really build up your self confidence.  I also liked the fact that she wasn't thin because having different body types in influential groups is a good thing for girls to see.  She might drop the weight after graduating, like Kago Ai, because some of it may come from stress.  (She was adorable on my dates with her on the PSP game; I guess I'll have to pick her next time.)  I just want her to come back.  I'll add some videos after the jump.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...