Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Favorites of 2011!!!

My favorite/most listened to songs of 2011! I know this was kind of late but ah wellz!

10) Piggy Dolls - Hakuna Matata
These girls really need more attention because they're soooo talented! I hated the fact that when they debuted they sort of used the concept of their weight. This usually then made people think of the awesome girl group Big Mama who also had great vocals and a heavier set weight. But back to the song. This is a catchy song and I really enjoyed it. However, the rest of the album except for the title track A Girl Who Knew was pretty mediocre. 


Some of the songs reminded me of songs that could have been placed in dramas. Which is not a bad thing but with a more unique producer and a better concept these girls can do so much better. I know a lot of people are going to expect them to do epic ballads, which is not bad cause it'll show off their awesome vocals, but I kinda want to see a big set idol group make it in idol fashion. They're not typical beauties in Korea and like in the words of Fat Cat, "IS being pretty everything?" -_-'





9) B1A4 - Ok
These guys have got to be one of my FAVORITE rookie group of last year. Their whole debut ep was just great! I liked all the songs on the ep and I expect great things from these guys in the future. They sort of remind me of a more fun Beast. I'm not comparing the two but just the feeling of their music. Great on both sids of course :)





8) Sunny Hill - Marionette
Sunny Hill - The Grasshopper Song
I'm really digging this group and was really loving this album. But besides the title track Midnight Circus, this was by far my favorite off the album. The random rapping spazzes were kirky and you can tell they wanted that certain twang to it compared to other kpop groups where the rapper just don't have any style to them except the style of not being able to rap. smh* This groups a great turn around for kpop in the long run. Pure talent and originality in this group! <3





7) F.T Island - Hello Hello
Though F.T Island is a relatively popular group I wish they were more popular! I guess the reason is because I come from a rock background and would just like to see them do better! It's hard to get your hands on the names of some good rock groups in Korea because most of them are so overshadowed by the idol concept. Know a good site? please tell me....v.v" The song itself was done well and had this jazzy feel to it that made it so fun to listen to. It was also on the borderline of feeling like trot. love! <3




6) G.Na - Nice to meet you [ft. Wheesung]
G.NA - Black and White (I'm a Jinwoon fangirl!)
G.NA for sure is one of the most underrated kpop idol solo female singers out there, and honestly the most underrated kpop idol in general. She's a talent with the body. I've talked with one of my Korean friends about her and she said that G.NA was actually ugly in Korean standards but has a awesome body. I personally find her beautiful and even if she wasn't her voice is the bomb! Though this song wasn't promoted it's cuteness and especially with Wheesung's feature, it for sure is going to be a 2012 repeat!



5) Beast - The Fact
Kikwang being a loner to the left and Junhyun reading a
book like a boss....
When Beast debuted with Bad Girl I didn't think much of this boy group at all. However, after their song Mystery I was hooked. I listened to The Fact more than their title track Fiction during the course of 2011. I personally just like the whole feeling of the song more than Fiction and wish they would have promote more. Though Fiction was also a great song, The Fact takes it!




4)Park Bom - Don't Cry
This is Bom-unnie's second solo song and this girl just needs to release a ep or album or something! I'm sure all of us had tried to sing You and I before and just couldn't do it as well as Bom, of course! Her voice is unique and really stands out in the whole kpop scene.
 But I really liked this song this year and hope to hear more from her in the future. 







3) JYJ - Heaven
JYJ LOVE! This was their title track of their album and I immediately clung to it! The melodies were just wonderful and their voices couldn't have been highlighted any better. Plus Junsu as the lead in the MV was just the icing on the cake!








2) 2NE1 - Ugly
I'm sure people always hear how 2NE1 is the 'ugly' group with 'individual talent' and 'charm.' I just find this statement funny. I guess it all goes with the idol concept of not really HAVING to know how to sing to be an idol but still! 2NE1 with this certain type of talent and charm could they still be considered idols?


 I remember an article going around of how some well known producers in Korea didn't even think Big Bang could have been considered an idol group because their 'talent' exceeded idol expectations. But either way I'm digging 2NE1 and for sure they are one of my favorite kpoppers. Dogging on these girls just because they aren't typical beauties don't mean they don't deserve their place. This song was a great song for listeners to relate to and a song to  really exert the emotions of what 2NE1 must always get bombarded with through social media.






1) Phantom - Burn a hole in your face
This group! THIS! THIS!!!!! They haven't even performed live on a major broadcasting show and yet they already have so much love! At first when I read the translations for this I was a bit creeped out but it eventually grew on me in a Stockholm kind of way (was that a bad joke 0.o) 



This trio is what 2012 should really look out for especially since they had such a powerful debut track. And the big thing for me is that they wrote the song themselves! Other groups such as Sunny Hill and Big Bang either write or produce their own stuff and that's what I really respect. I hope more groups in the future participate in the making of their music. Love this group and they have defiantly set the bar for 2012 for me.





One of the members actually speaks fluent English because he studied abroad in Europe for a while. I just love it when official videos give you English subs with it AND they even posted when it was the individual member's part in the song. Now THAT is fans service right there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...