Thursday, February 16, 2012

SDN48's Yuuwaku No Garter Stage Reaction

This performance that I watched is from the Revival Concert series that took place last summer.  I've loved and hated SDN48.  My hope is that Dream Morning Musume will become what I wanted from SDN48.  I'm sad to see them go, but their last two singles feel like they gave up.  May I just say the whole AV-sounding overture reminds me why I'm not too depressed about them being disbanded.  The sad thing is that this stage reminds me why I like them.  This is the first time I watched the entire concert.   



Saturday Night Party
This is a pretty standard opening number.  It isn't something I would want to listen over and over again, but it doesn't make my ears bleed.  The girls do a wonderful job of performing it.  The choreography is okay; I would like to have a word with the person that thought that jazz dance move looked good.  I did not think I was watching a middle school dance recital.  Take a note from SKE48, only highlight technical dancing when it is somewhat impressive.  How long is this song?  I guess I like the glamour costumes.   


Never! 
That was an adorable opening verse.  This would be a better opening number in my opinion.  It has that same vibe, but better.  I'm going to shoot some camera people!  Who gave the okay for an up dress shot?  The performance aspect is good, but the dancing (sigh).    


Black Boy 
I love this song.  There is better dancing and pants!  I need to look up a translation in hope to figure out what they mean by 'black boy' because they do have Black people.  


[I'm skipping the random single songs included in the concert just because they aren't usually included in the setlist, as far as I'm aware.]


Yuuwaku No Garter
Here is the infamous unit that the stage is named after.  Here I am okay with overt sexuality because of the content of the song.  Just like how I am okay with sex scenes or nudity in films, just need a legitimate reason for including it.  Off go the garters = yeah fan service.  I sang along because I liked it.


I'm sure. 
You guys probably know this from a shuffle unit with Shinoda Mariko and Kojima Haruna.  "Can I get a kiss?" (say yes!) "Oh My Gaw" (giggle that is not the right answer).  The Engrish isn't too bad, but I would of written it a bit different, and then there are times I don't know if they are speaking in English or Japanese.  "Are you ready to do it?" (that was forward)  "Anytime" (woah).  Why do the lesbians have to wear frumpy costumes?  I have to say the units thus far are all pretty strong when it comes to the music.  


All In 
I think Nonti looks hotter in a dress.  This reminds me of the '80s.  This is probably my least favorite unit for this stage.  It would of been better if they were all in Men's wear for women and didn't do the whole female/male role thing because most of them look sexy in those outfits.  They did that jazz dance thing again. . . I made a face like this:

Jajauma Lady
Yes it is CINDY's unit!  Cindy pulls off the cowgirl hat wonderfully, work it!  MOE~ Cindy is totally stealing all of my attention.  The one in dark blue is probably my second favorite.  Oh they brought out a whip.  Are you making this dirty?  That is not what you do at the beginning of a dance section!  Humping the stage is not allowed. . . they're going to try to be sexy and look like idiots aren't they?  And that is an affirmative.  


Ganbarina
I like the combination of latin influence and the sound of a live musical.  Instead of a dance section they are doing 'hey look what I can do' part.  Sparkles.  I'm done with this song.  It has a nice chorus and all, but it is receptive to say the least.  (but there are sparkles and shiny boots)  


Futsuu No Anata
I was surprised how much I like this song.  Now look surprised.  Performances are ten times better when they look like they are having fun.  This made me smile.  


Best by・・・
Ghostbusters anyone?  Cat fight!  There goes the running man.  I may be kidding around, but I do like this song and performance.  I just don't have much to say at the moment.  



Aisareru Tame Ni 
Oh dear lord.  You are going to make me cry that sounds beautiful.  I'm getting goosebumps.  I'm going to take all of solo shots for this!  Crap, now I am even more disappointed they didn't release an amazing ballad for a single.  FUCK NONTI!  Why didn't this get in the Top 100!  I'm never going to see them live.  I can't believe you did this to me.  

Kodoku Na Runner 
Favorite song!  You guys are so much better than some of those K-Pop groups that come to Japan.  They release basically the same product, but you guys have this amazing stage.  Plus, you guys aren't all under 120 pounds.  Stupid After School and their Rambling Girls looks and sounds like your first four singles and you had better lyrics than 'la la la we are rambling girls'.  There is female empowerment for you!


Touhikou 
And we have someone who is Chinese, who knew.  Why is the encore always the best part of stages?  I adore the deep vocals.  It is something that isn't as common in AKB.  Great, now I don't want them to disband.  I would buy their album if it had more songs like the ones in their stage combined with the A-sides (and maybe some B-sides) from their singles.  


Vampire Keikaku
Is it just me or is this a little upbeat for a song with Vampire in the title.  I don't mind pelvic thrusting if vampire are involved.  The vampires are quite happy.    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...