Monday, January 10, 2011

Berryz Koubou Concert Tour 2010 Shoka ~Umi no ie Otakebi House~ Review

This will be my first time reviewing and watching a full Berryz Koubou concert.  They are the only Hello Project group, now besides S/mileage and Mano Erina, that I have yet to watch a full concert of.  I don't know why.  This concert's album is a favorite of mine, but I do adore most of their music.  While, C-ute seems to be improving their single releases.  In my opinion, Morning Musume and Berryz Koubou are both hitting a dry spell when they release okay singles, but sub-par to what they've done in the past.  Since I am unsure how I will take it I will prepare you for both rating systems, and I'll just go with how I feel will give the best representation of it.   
♥ - Hate it
♥♥ - Don't Like it
♥♥♥ - Like it
♥♥♥♥ - Really Like it
♥♥♥♥♥ - Love it
☆ bad
☆☆ not good
☆☆☆ okay
☆☆☆☆ good
☆☆☆☆☆ Superb!
Maji Good Chance Summer
I adore Risako's voice!  I like Berryz Koubou style of wearing some-what normal street clothes.  You can tell that they were put together when they were young because now they appear a bit mismatched.  I am so happy that the giant got a make over and now stands center because just pushing her to the side doesn't work.  Is this an old song?  I don't know where this one comes from. . . I don't care.  Awh!  I love you Risako-chan!  What is her nickname?  The song is okay, but I wouldn't listen to it on my iPod to be honest.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥
Rival
Ew. . . those costumes.  Anything that isn't casual clothes they don't do that well.  It looks either Alice in Wonderland or Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.  From how they look now I would recommend they get a morning kid's show where they teach them valuable lessons with some random school stuff here and there.  However, when I consider their age I start to wonder if they should start to go through a transition like C-ute is.  This is one of those songs where there are elements that I like, and I think it is okay, but I still don't care for it.  To be honest, with their current image and everything I just don't see them being super popular or even growing in popularity.  I just see them stuck in their niche.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥
Koi no Jubaku
Risako is one of those few idols who can pull off gaining weight, do you understand what I am saying?  Most would lose their spot or drop in popularity.  However, (while I don't think the producers are happy about it) the only thing it has caused is that people (including Risako) are more mesmerized by her boobs.  : 3  I adore most of their old singles.  (Really embarrassed if this wasn't a single.)
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥
Tomodachi wa Tomodachi Nanda!
Maybe it is easier to perform happy songs, but I felt like the performance was slightly better because it didn't look like they were just doing the bare minimum for a good performance.  Then again, I wish they did more (like play around with each other).  I've yet to see one of those delicious, unexpected, concert moments.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥
Yakimochi wo Kudasai! (Shimizu, Tokunaga, Sugaya)
Hphm. . . still no spark.  I spent my time thinking about pretty much everything, but the performance.  What I don't like is the fact that it is a good performance, but I am not enjoying it or getting excited.  I paid more attention to Risako's chest (and whether or not that outfit was flattering for her) and the audience's chants.  This leaves me with a feeling that I don't know if I like it or not.  There wasn't anything that I disliked, but nothing that stood out.  I feel like I should take away a heart and a star.  Then again, I feel like they deserve the credit.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥
Ground Demo Rouka Demo Medatsu Kimi (Sudou, Kumai)
While I do like this song, I wasn't impressed.  Thankfully Kumai has already gotten a much needed make-over (and she look spectacular).  Sudou could use one too because at this point she feels like back-up.  Kumai's voice sounds flat and doesn't do this song justice.
☆☆☆
♥♥
Ai ni wa Ai Desho (Tsugunaga Momoko, Natsuyaki Miyabi)
These are the best costumes yet.  The performance and everything is nice, but I still think they could do better.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥
Natsu Wakame
I like how they stuck with a theme.  Tsunku should really try to give them their own show, not a variety show, but like a drama.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥
Maji Natsu Sugiru
That just made me smile like a motherf*cker.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥♥♥
Natsu Remember You
Wonderful staging on this one. (A little too high for some people.)
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥♥♥
Anshinkan (Shimizu, Tsugunaga, Natsuyaki, Kumai)
I like this idea of a medley because then you can get in a lot more songs without it getting to long or anything.  I wish they developed more as a group.  I adore their odd image they have now, but I fill like it is too young for them now.  I wish they tried something more mature like what C-ute is doing.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥
Passion E-CHA E-CHA (Shimizu, Tsugunaga, Natsuyaki, Kumai)
Momo has a great butt.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥♥♥
Fighting Pose wa Date ja nai! (Shimizu, Momoko, Natsuyaki, Kumai)
This is one of my least favorite singles from them.  But they did a good job with it.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥
BERRY FIELDS (Tokunaga, Sugaya, Sudou)
That was cute, but I kept on hearing 'they're so hot' or 'they're so hard' which doesn't make much sense unless there are innuendoes running wild here.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥♥♥
Yume de Do Up (Tokunaga, Sugaya, Sudou)
Done well, but pretty boring.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥
Toshoshitsu Taiki (Tokunaga, Sugaya, Sudou)
Now I don't like this song.  I really don't like this song.  Sorry girls.
☆☆☆☆
Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance
This is so absurd that you can't helping enjoying it!
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥♥♥
Seishun Bus Guide
sad face: What happened to those single costumes. . . i liked them very much.  The performance and vocals weren't as good as they've been in the past.
☆☆
♥♥
Ryuusei Boy
This was more on point.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥
Otakebi Boy WAO!
I think Momo and Risako are getting tired, they need a little bit of spice.  There it is!  God, I love Risako's roar.  boob touch.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥♥♥
Yuujou Junjou oh Seishun
The only thing I don't like is the chorus and that stupid, country-sounding back track section.  To bad they weren't like this when Digimon was awesome; they'd be a perfect pairing.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥
Maji Bomber!!!
They don't know how to dress some of these girls.  Besides, most of them look more Hot Topic (clothing store) than rock and roll.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥
Bye Bye Mata ne
If only I liked this better.  That was cute.  She lost her voice and the audience sang her lines.
☆☆☆☆
♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...