Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SKE48's Ase no Ryo wa Hanpajyanai Concert Review

There were like four different setlists for this one tour.  First off let me give you guys the link to purchase the concert, so if it sounds good then you can go ahead and get it.  The DVD does include both NMB48 and OSJ48's performances.  I will be reviewing the performance from the 10-17 setlist.

Support Your Idols HERE

I will also go back to my old rating system which is:
♥ - Hate it
♥ - Don't Like it
♥ - Like it
♥ - Really Like it
♥ - Love it  

It is based purely on my opinion.  To save space and loading time on the main page the review will be after the jump.
Koi wo Kataru Shijin ni Narenakute (Team S)
I love how SKE feels completely different from AKB and SDN.  They feel like the indie idol groups that are floating all over the place.  Everything is pretty good, but nothing that has impressed me yet.

Bokura no Kaze (Team KII)
I like this song better because I find the chorus is more catchy.  Has Team KII gotten an original stage yet? 
♥ 

Te wo Tsunaginagara
Everything is still sunshine.  It might suit their group's character more (maybe Nagoya is like that).  I appreciate it when idols have fun on stage.   

Tsuyokimonoyo
SKE has always been quite good in their singles department. 

Shojo wa Manatsu ni Nani wo Suru? (Undergirls)
This song makes me think of a cop drama on an island.  The back-track sounds like it could fit both a James Bond/ action cop film or a surfing one.  One improvement they could make is make their moves sharper.

Gomen ne, SUMMER (Senbatsu)
One of the bad thing about singles when I am reviewing is I usually have no idea what to say if they did everything well.  This is why I include ratings too,


Hazumisaki (Undergirls 2)
They performed the song well.  However, I don't really like the song.

Aozora Kataomoi (Senbatsu)
I love these outfits and all, but I liked it better when they performed it in swimsuits (Shukan Pool Special).

Bungy Sengen
This is quite good.


Endroll (Matsui J, Kuwabara, Yagami, Kinoshita)
Not my favorite song and I am not a huge fan of Jurina, but they did well.

Kono Mune no Barcode (Matsumoto, Ono, Takada)
Everything is pretty good, but the song feels one-note to me.  It is all kind of flat.


Glory days (Mukaida, Ishida, Wakabayashi)
Maybe I'll like this better with Matsui Jurina as center.  It is still not right.  The song itself isn't my favorite; there are elements that I do like.  However, with this shuffle, except for Ishida, they are all to quiet or weak when it comes to their vocals.  This song needs to have, not necessarily strong, but present voices.

Omoide Ijou (Matsui J, Hiramatsu, Kinoshita)
Another Matsui Jurina unit.  Oh wait it isn't a shuffle.  Why is she performing another unit?  Not even going to be subtle about how much the management prefers her over everyone else.  They did a good job as expected, but I pretty much focused on my favorite the whole time.

Onna no Ko no Dairokukan (Oya, Kuwabara, Takada, Suda, Kato R)
Everything about this performance was good, but it just didn't have what I needed to get excited.  (See I am just as hard on the 48s as I am with H!P.)

Kareha no Station (Matsui R)
This was a horribly disappointing shuffle section!  We barely got to see any of the girls.  I thought with the 16-nin senbatsu that things were changing.  The fan favorite song performed right up close to them.  (Now I am talking about this specific performance.)  


Majijo Teppen Blues (SKE48 and NMB48)
Nice surprise for the fans.

10nen Zakura
Um. . . why?  I wouldn't want to see Berryz Koubou perform Morning Musume songs at a Berryz concert.  I see these enough as it is with AKB.  Ever heard a saying about beating a dead horse with a stick?  I like these songs and all but really every single concert!  I don't like them that much!  Why not a nice medley so we can get through them all in one big performance?   


Oogoe Diamond
Sorry, but I am sick of reviewing these.  Unless I have anything new to say, I'll just post my rating.  Jurina always looks like she is going to devour my soul.  

RIVER
They still need to do some work.  AKB's dancing is pretty much always on point.  SKE's seems still a bit sloppy in comparison.  Just need to clean things up and try to put more punch in the performance, but they are still a young group.  It was nice to see Matsui not steal the show.  Someone hit a bad high note.


Iiwake Maybe
My rule about doing covers: You must either offer something new/ different or do it better than the original. 


Namida Surpise!
You are seriously kidding me!  One thing I like about SKE is that they have their own thing going on.  I would much prefer it if they didn't just push them to be the ridding-on-the-coattails group of AKB.  Let them shine and succeed on their own!


Ponytail to Shushu
Not even.

Heavy Rotation

Jealousy no Alibi
It would of been funny if they performed JESUS after that AKB singles section.  Now this is what I am talking about!  This song reminds me of songs from the Japanese, live-action, Sailor Moon Musicals.  Why couldn't they do something like this for that large segment?  I hate producers. . . they can be such trolls.

Pinocchio Gun
One of my favorite songs!  Great way to end the concert. . . let's get onto the encore!
 
1,2,3,4 Yoroshiku!
I love this senbatsu!  I love this song!  First single I got from SKE48.
  
TWO ROSES (W Matsui)
I've been dieing to see this performed on stage.  This song reminds me of Wink (I adore Wink).  The performance reminds me of Revolutionary Girl Utena (an anime/ manga).  Deep down, I would like to see W Matsui seperate from SKE48 and form their own unit.
 

Cosmos no Kioku (White Team)
good.

Seishun wa Hazukashii (Red Team)
also good.

Nakama no Uta
Only one things I can say. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...