Saturday, January 29, 2011

Is This The End of Momoiro Clover?

I've been keeping an eye on Momoiro Clover since their major debut single, which was one of my favorite singles of 2010.  Since then I've been quite impressed by the rest of their single releases and their high energy performances.  I thought they would be the group that would become a favorite outside of H!P and OOO48, but that dream might be dying out.

Nothing seemed to turn me away at first.  Not the out of place Native American costumes or the ero-ice cream promotional video (kind of fun to watch now).  The first thing that hit was Reni's weight loss.  Not just how management might of had a hand in it, but it bothers me still to this day.  When I watched their latest PV release, I was slightly disgusted by Reni's appearance.  I find that she is unattractively skinny.  Her face, bony limbs just turn me off especially since I know she could look better.  For example, C-ute early on had many, quite thin members but that didn't bother me because they were young.  I was a twig when I was their age.  She wasn't even remotely curvy.  That isn't the only thing that makes me wonder 'where are their managers?!?'

I've bet most of you've heard that Akari, the unit's sub-leader, is graduating.  She is one of the stronger vocalists, and is responsible for all those lovely rap sections.  She is leaving due to unpopularity?  I'm concerned that this may stunt the group.  I just don't see the line-up without Akari.  I would suggest they just dump Reni too and basically send out a different S/mileage.  I don't see any thought process or work behind the scenes from their handlers because I don't see how both Reni's weight and Akari's graduation at all benefit Momoiro Clover.  Their music may be better since they entered the major league, but I fear that they won't last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...