Wednesday, July 27, 2011

AKB48 and Arashi's Album Review

Albums are big ticket items in Japan, so if you already bought a single included the rest of it should be worthwhile.  I wanted to get AKB48's but I already bought most of the singles included, so I am considering waiting for the next one and skipping singles.  I bought one of the singles included on Arashi's album.  Limited editions are hard to get on CDJapan, so I got regular edition and the packaging sucked.  I could of made it at home and there wasn't any bonus to sweeten it for me.  I guess I got spoiled by AKB48 and SKE48's add-ons.  Anyway, let's get to it.

AKB48 - ここにいたこと [We Were Here]
The artwork is fun, but I don't see how it relates to the title or the feel of the music.  Some of the members look great, but others not as much.  The DVD version has my favorite cover because it includes so many members.  I don't care for the school-girl cover with only three members.  For an AKB album I think it should at least try to fit media senbatsu.
♥♥♥

ここにいたこと (AKB48, SKE48, SDN48, and NMB48)
Interesting way to start things off.  It is a choir song, which was probably the easiest way to incorporate so many girls.  I was worried at first that this was going to be on the dull side, but with the multiple layers it has a nice pace.
♥♥♥♥



ヘビーローテーション {single}
This song grew on me a ton over the year.  This will forever be a favorite of mine, not just from their catalog.  I like how they placed this song after the first track to pick things up.
♥♥♥♥♥

ポニーテールとシュシュ {single}
This was an instant hit for me.  I adore the instrumental and it makes a fun summer song.  It seems like the album will be organized by sections.
♥♥♥♥♥

Beginner {single}
Since they sectioned the songs off I guess there wasn't much to help this, but it would of been nice to have a smoother transition to this hard-hitting track.
♥♥♥♥♥

チャンスの順番 {single}
This is my least favorite single included in this album.  I find that it is too generic.
♥♥♥

チームB推し (Team B) {stage}
If you didn't know anything about this song, you would be very confused why this is included but no equivalent from the other teams.  This was the highest voted group song from a stage in the Top 100.  I assume that is why it was included.  I absolutely adore this song.  It is tons of fun and I always want to sing along.
♥♥♥♥♥

High school days (Research Students)
I like the song, but I am on the fence on the chorus.
♥♥♥

イイカゲンのススメ (Katayama Haruka, Kojima Haruna, Shinoda Mariko, Akimoto Sayaka, Miyazawa Sae, and Matsui Rena)
I feel like this song switches the style.  It flows well though. This is my favorite unit song from this album.
♥♥♥♥♥

君と僕の関係 (Maeda Atsuko and Itano Tomomi)
This is a cute duet.  Now I know some people were upset about this, but since they both have solo careers they could graduate soon.  Besides they make a good combo.
♥♥♥♥

人魚のバカンス (Takajo Aki, Nito Moeno, Yokoyama Yui, Kasai Tomomi, Kitahara Rie, Sato Amina, and Masuda Yuka)
I think this song is great if you are reading a book, curled up in a blanket while it is snowing outside or tanning by the pool.  It is quite chill and relaxing.
♥♥♥♥

わがままコレクション (Ota Aika, Maeda Ami, Komori Mika, Sato Sumire, Watanbe Mayu, and Matsui Jurina)
Here comes the loli song!  The chorus gets a bit tired after a while because it isn't anything special.
♥♥♥♥

風の行方 (Kuramochi Asuka, Sashihara Rino, Takahashi Minami, Oshima Yuko, Minegishi Minami, and Kashiwagi Yuki)
Slow songs are usually boring for me unless they have something unique about it.  It is pretty, but I want to fall asleep to it.
♥♥♥

恋愛サーカス (Team B)
The verses are fun, but the chorus again is okay.
♥♥♥

僕にできること (Team K)
I'm disappointed.  All the team songs are very pop, and I was hoping for something to dance to.  This is more mature than Team B's song.  It reminds me of songs from previous Team K stages.
♥♥♥

Overtake (Team A)
♥♥♥♥

少女たちよ {DOCUMENTARY of AKB48 to be continued Theme}
It isn't anything expected from AKB48 senbatsu members.  It is a nice way to end the album.
♥♥♥♥♥

Average Score (rounded): ♥♥♥♥

嵐 (Arashi) - Beautiful World
The artwork is simple, and boring.  Their last album has much better look to it, even though I didn't love what everyone was wearing.  They did do better in that everyone is wearing the same thing.  It is them in white against a white background.  The background takes up more space than all members combined.  I do like the mixing of text.
♥♥

Rock this
Not off to the best start.  'Are we going to rock this?' I don't know yet, but I prefer you don't ask right away.  I really loved their last album, don't disappoint me.
♥♥

まだ見ぬ世界へ
This is a pretty solid Arashi song.  It isn't one of my favorites, but I dislike it either.
♥♥♥

Lφve Rainbow {single}
This is a great song and I just like to sway to it.
♥♥♥♥♥

always
It has a nice little bounce to it.  This is a reason why I look forward to their albums, more songs that you may like as much or more than their singles.  I am choreographing the dance in my head.  I always love where they vary the song so that it has something like a climax.
♥♥♥♥♥

Shake it !(Jun Matsumoto)
I am always curious why they place the songs in their order because they also mix in the solos.  I loved MatsuJun's last solo, but not so much live.  It is okay.  However, leave it up to the rap section for me to like the song more (fine I'll give it another heart).
♥♥♥♥

虹のカケラ~no rain, no rainbow~
It reminds me of songs from the 90's.  
♥♥♥♥♥

Dear Snow {single}
This is a good ballad.
♥♥♥♥

Hung up on(Satoshi Ohno)
I really like this dance song.
♥♥♥♥

Joy
This makes me think of S Club 7.  I like the ending sections better than the rest of the song.
♥♥♥

どこにでもある唄。(Kazunari Ninomiya)
This is lovely ballad.
♥♥♥♥♥

negai
Now this is great.  It is a slow song with a pretty quick tempo.  It is similar to songs that were on their last album.
♥♥♥♥♥

Lotus
I loved this song when I it was first released, but it has gradually worn off.  Now I still like it, but it is not on the same level as Monster or Troublemaker.
♥♥♥♥

「じゃなくて」(Masaki Aiba)
Aibaka gets a goofy song.  I love Aiba, but the song itself. . . meh.
♥♥♥

morning light
A house style song?  This would be fun to jump around to at a concert.
♥♥♥♥♥

To be free
Jeez, I only like their songs until we come towards the end.  They build up the song nicely.
♥♥♥♥

このままもっと (Sho Sakurai)
♥♥♥♥

果てない空 {single}
I wasn't impressed with this track as a single.
♥♥♥

遠くまで
The vocals are typical Arashi-style, but there is a disco elements in the instrumental and then they added an orchestra.  Another nice ending to an album.
♥♥♥♥

Average Score (rounded): ♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...