Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mina's Favorite Idol Soloist

OSHIMA MAI

This is a hard one because it depends on when period of time I am considering.  If I go way back, Seiko Matsuda.  However, a bit more recent is Aya Matsuura but I didn't love her latest album and she isn't as active as she used to be.  (Plus is she an idol anymore?)  I like Itano Tomomi and Maeda Atsuko, but I'm not going to consider them solo artists because they still are members of AKB48.  Goto Maki just went on hiatus and besides she is trying to be a legit artist so I don't think I can consider her an idol.  Hello Project is working on a new girl who is talented, but her singles haven't impressed me yet.  There are K-Pop idols, but they belong to groups still so they are out too.  I love Mai Mai's personality, look, and voice.  It is just I am unimpressed with Avex and her agency.  She was definitely the most promising solo artist to come out of AKB48 when she graduated, but I've yet to see her reach her full potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...