Monday, October 24, 2011

Epik High Fever's End Mini Review

Tablo's album release! woot woot! That's what's up!

I am so excited for this release! I've been a fan of Epik High for well over 4 years now and have been following their activities on a religious basis...hahaha (but really now)

This release is the first part of the album which contained 5 tracks [Airbag (ft. Naul), Home (ft. Lee Sora), Bad (Ft. Jinsil), The Tide (Scratch by DJ Friz), Try (ft. Bumkey)] The second part of the album contains another 5 tracks [Tomorrow (ft. Taeyang), Trace (Scratch by DJ Tukutz), Dear TV, Thank you for Breathing (Ft. Yankie, Bong Tae Gyu), Expired) 

The track featuring Taeyang will actually become the Title track so I can't wait for Tablo's promotions with Taeyang. Even though it is rumored/reported that Tablo won't be actively promoting. Either way I understand as a fan and as a fellow music lover. Sometimes you just have to get your message out and have that be that. But I'm so happy that so many talented artists is showing their love to a fellow musician.

Honestly, I think that Tablo joining YG Entertainment has been one of the best decisions ever made by Tablo. If he would have been under a bigger and more powerful company like YG, I think the whole Tablo controversy might have blown over a lot sooner than with Woolim( now I'm not bashing) because even Tablo felt like his entertainment company didn't help him much.

YG to Tablo, I feel, is just a name and outlet for him to let his creative juices run. I think YG gave Tablo a lot of creative freedom on this album and I'm happy to see familiar names on this album from pass Epik High tracks. Tablo doesn't need YG, however, having YG as a backing doesn't hurt his reputation and is the right stepping stone for him to get back into performing.

Airbag was released first as a digital single and I immediately fell in love with it. If you followed the whole Tablo controversy this song touched your heart as a fan. I wanted to be Tablo's airbag!! <3 tehe But like a lot of Tablo's other works it's really airy, simple and beautiful. I love how all Epik High songs hold this type of feel. An effortless, epic, heartfelt rhyme. They nail it all the time.

The rest of the album also has this very airy, simple and slow sounding tempo. Probably a direct line to where Tablo is emotionally in his life. Maybe I'm reading too much into things again but that's what English majors do ya know! hehe

My favorite tracks on this first part is Try (ft. Bumkey). I just dig Bumkey's voice so much! He's featured in a lot of different khiphop artist songs  and is such a good accent to this song and album. (Surpreme Team- Super Lady I like this song. Check it out! ^^) The beat for this is so simple, however, the combination of Bumkey's voice and Tablo's flow makes the song seems far greater. I love the pauses in the beat where it's just Tablo's voice. This song was done so artfully that I can't help but love it! FYI - This whole album is done artfully.

Another one I really enjoy is Bad (ft. Jinsil). It's nice hearing just Tablo rapping in this album (I love Mithra of course) But its Tablo's solo album and I think he holds his own quite well and doesn't lose any type of creativity during the process. It sort of reminds me of 1Minute 1second days, however, Jinsil has a certain twang to her voice that makes me prefer her voice over Taru's.

The music video for Bad was just released recently and was totally WTF material. At first I was thinking vampires then I thought better. Then I had this whole story running through my mind with hidden meanings jutting out here and there. I'll probably have this as a whole different post! ^^

I love all of the songs but those two just really stood out to me. The Tide was great too and DJ Friz is one of my favs from Planet Shiver. And Lee Sora's voice in Home sounded like an angel! I swear Home just hits home somewhere in the heart. (that was not intentional at all ;p)

All in all this was a great album and I can't wait for part 2 to come out and for Tablo's promotions!!

This Album is just chalk full of meanings everywhere. Even in it's title 'Fever's End'. If you guys know about the whole Tablo incident (I know I keep mentioning it because its a big deal) this is a meaningful title. I will probably talk about all that in my Tablo - Bad MV story time review. :)


-Ramen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...