Sunday, October 23, 2011

Riyoku Desu ~ Yo Ro Shi Ku

To start off... I love Supercell. I love them. Ryo is too awesome of a composer.

This is one of my favorite Supercell songs. Please worship the lyrics. They're sooooooo well-done. -sob-


That aside... Harro. Riyoku speaking! Mina-chan introduced me to wotaintraining... and even though I'm not exactly huge on idols, I love Japanese pop music.

I love doing vocaloid covers. I'm looking for something (probably Chimu-san) to duet with me on Melt and Koi Wa Sensou. I can do both Miku and Luka voices, so please consider doing a cover with me~

To put things in persepective, Vocaloid is a digital voice synthesizer and can be used as a substitute for a singer in music. Supercell started off with Vocaloid, and then got a real singer who was known as Gazelle on Nico Nico Douga. Gazelle then debuted with Supercell as Yanagi Nagi.

Other Nico Nico singers also cover Vocaloid music. Some of my favorites are:

  • Choucho - Her cover of Melt has highly impressive high-ranges, and I'd say she's better than Yanagi Nagi of Supercell. The scream she did in World is Mine is spectacular. Her cover of Black Rock Shooter and Magnet are both superb. I'd say she's the most balanced Nico singer I know.
  • Hanatan - Known for her high ranges and vibrato. She does original music as well as vocaloid covers.
  • Valshe - Valshe is female and can pull off both girl voice and guy voice. She has a powerful sound and very good articulation. Naturally, she can do a duet with herself.
  • Ritsuka - The piece I like best from her is her cover of the Luka Vocaloid original song "Akahitoha." She has a sweet, traditional, and emotional rendition.
  • Yamai - Powerful voice with great range. My fave from her is Koi Wa Sensou.
  • Sekihan - Male and Ryouseirui (can sing both female and male voice.
  • Piko - Same as Sekihan.
  • The Sekihan-Piko duo's Magnet is a sight-- er... sound to behold. Gosh, they sound better than me when they sing as girls. -JEALOUSY- Graaaah! Their male voices are really good already. WTF!
  • Nodoame - Oooooh gaaaaawd! His Koi wa Sensou was SPECFUCKINGTACULAR. That scream at the end of the opening line expressed so much 'ikari,' it was great! It made up for missed notes in the verses. When he says "ore wa" in the end of the bridge right before the chorus, it was freakishly sexy...


Now I'm not even a million miles close to as good as any of them, but I've done rough covers (some shortened) of Magnet (with myself, urk... self-cest? Someone PLEASE duet it with me,) Romeo and Cinderella (piano+vocal version,) Meltdown, Cantarella, and Hanabi (which has nothing to do with Vocaloid; it's a Bleach ending... hurhur...) Psst... the only really half-decent one in there is Hanabi. (._.|||) I'm quite ashamed to say this. -despairs-

Sooooo... please duet with me for either Melt or Koi Wa Sensou! I can try to voice Len or Rin... I'm not good at either of them. Urk... What am I talking about? I sound like a Riyoku.

- end of introduction -
Fweee~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...