Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mina's Last Morning Musume Album Review?

I am going to say a not definite no to that question, but I'm getting there.  I finally got what I wanted.  Morning Musume has been sinking since Takahashi Ai became leader, but that not be her fault at least not all of it.  They did the other thing I've been desperate for, new members.  I wish Kame and the Pandas didn't have to leave, but nothing we can do about it now.  Let's see if Tsunku can do it.  Reinvent the group.  There are tons of theories floating around as to why Morning Musume isn't popular anymore.  It may just be a time thing (but if you look at JE groups that doesn't seem to ring true); Akimoto already said he plans on disbanding AKB48 once they've been around for 10 years and they are already past their half way mark.  Back on topic, I no longer identify as a fan of Morning Musume or any Hello Project unit for that matter.  I do like them all together, Mobekimasu was kind of awesome. Why is this album called smart?


1. Give me 愛 (☆)
This is a pretty good opening track.  Not as powerful, actually out of character, compared to their last two album opening tracks.  I guess it is due to Takahashi's graduation.  It reminds me of their B-sides.  It has a similar style to 10 My Me, which I loved and bought.  


2. Only you (☆)
This would of been better without all the auto-tune.  I actually really like it but those sections ruin it for me.  I do want to mention that, while I do like it included as an album track, I do not think it is a good single.  It sounds like a B-side or an album track.


3. シルバーの腕時計 (☆)
This song is packed with mix messages.  At first it reminds me of Memory with the hip-hop combined with a ballad-like pop song.  The verses are beautiful.  Then there is the chorus. . . not so much.  It may be the high-pitch, but I find it too pop-y compared to the rest of the song.


4. 好きだな君が (☆)
There is nothing I dislike about this song, with the exception of the first part of the dance section.  The techno beat matched with the adorable cute lyrics.  It lacks the punch needed to get the last star.


5. 怪傑ポジティブA (☆)
Nope.  This conversely possess not quality that I do enjoy. 


6. この愛を重ねて (☆)
My body wants to sway along to, but it is difficult for some reason.  I just can't get into the beat.  I like the vocals, but the instrumental is off.  I do like elements of the instrumental.


7. この地球の平和を本気で願ってるんだよ! (☆)
This is pretty good, but that is it.  It lacks what is needed for me to want to listen to it over and over again. . . I guess that means it isn't catchy.


8. 彼と一緒にお店がしたい! (☆)
I absolutely did enjoy the absurd PV for this song, but the song isn't my cup of tea.  It reminds me of Break Out! 3! 2! 1! which I didn't care for either.


9. My Way~女子校花道~ (☆)
Everything sounds wrong.  I can't help but making a concerned, confused expression.


10. 乙女のタイミング (☆)
I don't even care.  Cliche and not catchy.


11. OK YEAH! (☆)
I dig the techno, similar style to ones of Team B's encore songs.  


12. まじですかスカ! (☆)
Why couldn't Only You be this good.  It is catchy, fun, and features all the members.  I actually listen to this song more than once or look for it instead of it just coming up on shuffle or a playlist.  


AVG Score: ☆ = I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...