Monday, October 17, 2011

Mina's Idol Interests

I feel since that I started this blog the groups I follow have changed.  However, I do still keep an eye on units out of loyalty to my readers.  (This usually only amounts to me including them in PV reviews now that I don't do as many release and news posts.)  The biggest development is my interest in Hello Project over to K-Pop idol acts.  I am going to explain as to why I like or dislike certain groups.

Ranking of My Favorite Idol Groups (subgroups excluded):
1. AKB48
2. Arashi
3. Brown Eyed Girls
4. SKE48
5. BiS
6. Tokyo Girls Style
7. NMB48
____________________________
8. Super Junior
9. Kara
10. 2NE1
11. Morning Musume
12. Super Girls
13. Fairies
14. 4Minute
15. C-ute
16. Miss A
17. Hey! Say! Jump
18. Chocolat

The lower they are the less attention I pay to them, but I consider them on my own personal radar.  After the line are the groups I like, but am not invested in.  They don't appeal enough that I would go to their concert or purchase their CD.  Morning Musume is back on my list now that Takahashi has graduated and they have new members, so I am curious.

Groups I Am Not Interested:
S/mileage
Momoiro Clover
T-ara
Girls Generation
Rainbow
After School
Idoling!!!
Berryz Koubou
Dream Musume
KAT-TUN
Kis-My-Ft2
NEWS
Sistar

These could be separated into sub-groups.  There are the boy bands that I just don't care about.  There are the K-Pop, female units who do this sexy but cute girl act that I find unbelievable annoying.  They fall back on my original stereotype of K-Pop girl units: barbies.  Finally, J-pop girl groups who have not released anything attracts my interest.  After Momoclo lost Akari I felt they lost a needed element.  She was different.  I also dislike their consistent 'mentioning' of Japan's biggest annual musical program.  It tastes of desperate.  S/mileage also suffered a significant loss, and at the same time they became diluted.  I wasn't surprised because after they released their first album their singles began to dip in quality.  Berryz Koubou and Idoling!!! seemed to have dropped off the face of the Earth, well not really.  They just don't come up much, or at least I never notice them.

I hope no one gets upset by this, it is just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...