Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ramen's Epic Intro!

Hi! Hi! Hi wonderfuls! I'm a newbie on this great blog about awesomeness so I thought I could do an intro blog. (And plus the head honcho of this blog recommended it ^^tehe) I realized from personal experience and how the world is changing in general that people don't really like to read. Probably why sites like youtube get a lot of views for there is no reason to read. However, if you are on a blog you probably know it comes with reading....I think I'm getting off track here but...v.v"

I'm a student of Japanese and English Literature. My plan is to teach abroad in either Japan or Korea and I do plan to learn Korean in the future. French is also on my list of languages to learn. ^^ I'm only a 2nd year Japanese student so don't expect epic translation pieces anytime time soon but I'd love to get into that too.

My main interest in idols or music, ranges from hiphop to jpop. I don't just limit myself to Japanese, Korean or American so if you have a good recommendation please message me or leave it in a comment.

I plan to blog about all areas of my interest. Film, food, music, videos, fanfics, youtube videos, actors, actresses or whatever I feel like. (Feel free to visit my personal blog that I recently started up for more goodness! ) However, my main contribution to this blog will probably be in the kpop area. I've been a kpop fan for well over 5 years now. And against popular belief I was actually a kpop fan before being a jrock/vkei fan. (It's usually the other way around in most cases from what I've heard)

JaeJoong was probs close to everyone's bias at one point
My history about getting into kpop: My aunt showed me DBSK  - Hug. At this point they were already into their Triangle phase, so around 2-3 years into debut. My aunt knew I liked to read a lot so she recommended me a fanfic on soompi which was "Paper Airplanes" by babyanika.  (I recommend it full heartedly) My aunt swore that reading this fanfic would be 100 times better if I had some awesome Korean music in the background. And I agreed. I stayed up till 6 am reading this fanfic. It felt like a Korean drama and I just couldn't stop for I wanted to see what would happen next chapter and the next chapter and the next! 

When I first got into DBSK Changmin was my bias
However, at this point in my life I didn't watch Korean dramas nor did I read fanfics. I actually took part in poking fun at my aunt with my uncle that she listened to '"Korean" stuff and she's not even Korean!' But ever since being exposed to it with an open heart I've learned why she liked it so much. And ever since them I began my wonderful journey into dramas, kpop, jpop and etc.


Alice Nine - Number Six...dorks *cough


I got into Vkei/jrock my sophomore year in high school. I guess I was going through a little phase and jrock/vkei was just that creative, awesome and 'I don't give a F***' outlet that I found. The first band I got into was Alice Nine. And the first song I heard was Alice Nine - Number Six. That song holds a special place in my heart. I think even deeper than DBSK - Hug.




Well, enough with that. Let's give a run down on the music that I like. I've grouped them into different groups and ranked them in each group.

Japanese
Ayaka
Yui
M-Flo
Ayumi Hamasaki
Utada Hikaru
Arashi
AKB48
Takamina is my oshimen



Jrock
MUCC
Miyavi
Ellegarden
One Ok Rock
Dir En Grey
Alice Nine
The Gazette
LM.C
Antic Cafe
School Food Punishment
SuG
MUCC has grown to be one of my favorite Jrock bands. MUCC - 9gatsu 3ka no kokuin


Korean
Epik High
2NE1
Younha
Big Bang
JYJ
Shinee
Sunny Hill
BeG
Super Junior
B1A4
Infinite

Epik High - Fan performance. I just thought the dance was funny. tehe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...