Friday, November 19, 2010

Hello! Project 2006 Winter Wonderful Hearts Review

Did I mention that I wanted to review for everyone one of my favorite concerts?  Well, I am.  Don't worry Berryz Koubou is next on my list.  This was the best period for Morning Musume and Morning Musume graduates.  Nacchi and Maki Goto had both moved onto solo careers.  We had both W and v u den.  All the current Morning Musume members were stunning and were on my good side (even though I wasn't a fan back then.  I was around 14/ 15 then.)  Plus, the setlist is pretty spectacular.  I've been told I am pretty harsh on Morning Musume and Hello Project lately, so why not some love! 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:

Suki Sugite Baka Mitai (ALL)
Woot!  I love this performance.  Group by group they come out instead of a stupid VTR.  Each team has a select color, but then each individual member's costume is different than the rest.  No question I love the song.  It builds up the anticipation for the rest of the concert.  Look how cute Berryz Koubou and C-ute are!  I think this is when W were at their peak.  V u den is still rough around the edges, but they are just starting out.  Then comes Morning Musume.  Wow, everyone looks amazing.  These were the days when they were so many strong aces in Momusu that no one was the only center.  And look Yossie is leader and her hair doesn't look like crap.
Rating:
Koko ni Iruzee! (ALL except v u den)
This is the performance where I began to like this song.  There is so much spazzing going on, and they look like they are having fun with it.  Yossie looks like C-ute's older cousin (I don't have a big sister).  This was just overflowing genki energy.
Rating:
Kurenai no Kisetsu (v u den)
This is one of those moments where I can clearly see that this was basically Ishikawa Rika's solo project.  It is abundantly clear based on their costumes, because Rika's dress is a better shade of purple.  Besides that the line distribution isn't bad.  You can tell that the two are still new because they look less polished than Rika.  The song is pretty good.  It kept my attention, but it wasn't amazing.  Very elegant.  
Rating:
Ajisai Ai Ai Monogatari (v u den)
I prefer this song, but the vocals don't sound as good.  The choreography seems kind of off, maybe it is the costumes or possibly it doesn't suit the girls.  
Rating:
Suki ni Naccha Ikenai Hito (Reina, Megumi, Airi)
Bam!  This was the first time I ever heard this song and I loved it.  I'm surprised that Megumi there never sparked my curiosity as to why she wasn't around.  I only started to pay attention to C-ute after they had lost like half the group.  Airi is as cute as a button.  Reina is sparkling more than ever; I love those sparkle strands they put in her hair.  
Rating:
LOVE Namida Iro (Risa, Nozomi)
Here is the classic Ayaya song!  I thought it was an interesting combo to put Niigaki and Tsuji together, but their voices makes a nice contrast.  Now I have no idea what turned me against Niigaki lately.  Here she is and I think her goofy mannerisms are adorable.  She also looks beautiful with her hair done like that.  I've always loved Tsuji, but recently one of my friends made a comment about her and Yaguchi's eyes which won't stop bothering me.  When I watched this performance I was surprised at how Christian Tsuji seems to be (because of the shiny, big, crosses dangling from her ears).  However, I've talked to someone who is from Japan and apparently it is uncommon for people to believe in God and attend church a lot.  If you do you are probably in a cult.  Crosses in jewelery are mostly just fashion, which makes me happy because then in Japan I can wear them and not be construed as religious.  (Christmas is the holiday where a lot of couples make love for the first time too.)  Okay back to the concert.  I was just thinking how those costumes are pretty light for a winter concert, but that is me just reading into the small things.  That was beautiful.
Rating:
SCRAMBLE (Miki, T. Ai, K. Ai, M. Erika)
See where did they come up with these combinations?  I love it!  Gorgeous!     
Rating:
Wakyanai Z (C-ute)
This may possibly be C-ute's worst set of single costumes to date.  I can see past that considering how CUTE they are.  They song isn't their best either, but it is catchy.  Megumi was stupid to date, but stupid stalker who ruined her career!  She has such a wonderful voice.  How old is she now?  You could audition for AKB48!  One of the members got the boot for dating but now she is back in.  
Rating:
Pittari Shitai X'mas! (Makoto, Koharu, Yurina)
This was also the first time I heard this song.  Everyone is so adorable and charming!  Kira Kira power!  
Rating:
Nagisa no Sinbad (W)
I LOVED THIS UNIT SO MUCH! (Bawahaha)  They are never going to do a reunion thing ever because of all the scandals they both had.  This is a cover they did, and a wonderful job they did at that.  These are personally one of my favorite sets of costumes for W.  W for some reason look spectacular then.  I'm going to CRY!  I miss them so much, and they are both still cute!  I really want them to get back together!  They are so SEXSHII!  I know that everyone refers to the pairing of Matsui Rena and Matsui Jurina and Matsui W, but they don't remind me of W.  W was a wonderful mixture of cute, then later sexy, cheekiness, and two girls who many noobs would mistake for twins. 
Rating:
Miss Love Tantei (W) 
This is my FAVORITE song from W.  This is just depressing me you guys.  I want them back!  Everything is perfect.  The costumes, the song, the singing, the dancing, them!
Rating:  
Morning Musume no Hyokkori Hyoutanjima(Sayumi, Yui, Yurina, Miyabi, Chinami, Momoko, Maimi and U. Erika)
Woot!  Guess whose favorite is the senpai!  Do you see me smiling?  Of course you don't, but can you feel it.  Wah!
Rating:
BE ALL RIGHT(Hitomi, Rika, Nozomi, Asami, Miki, M. Erika, S. Saki, Risako, Maasa, Megumi, N. Saki)
Amazing!  High energy, good vocals, sparkling personalities!
Rating:  
Uwaki na Honey Pie(ALL)
Oh snap!  They are bringing out the pom poms! Okay someone's stupid head is blocking a third of one of the cameras.  And we are going to spell out something in English.  LOL.  
Rating:
FIRST KISS (Aa!)

I don't care for the costumes.  It is like an unflattering, sailor, pantsuit.  Everything else was spot on.
Rating:
Mirakuru Grand Purin!(K. Ai, S. Saki, Chisato, N. Saki)
Yeah Kago!  This song was for a Hamtaro right?  I see Kago brought her little hamsters along then.  I want to use baby talk!  I am curious as to why Kago had her hand up like she was holding a mic when they are using headsets.  
Rating:  
I and YOU and YOU and I(Rika, Eri, Maimi, Megumi)
This is such a sweet song and performance.  The whole you and I part is a little repetitive (and stupid). 

Rating:    
GAG 100 kaibun Aishite Kudasai (Berryz Koubou)
This is basically Momo's theme song.  It is the perfect mixture of genki, cuteness, with a hint of sex appeal.  The line distribution is pretty good.  I think the girls look adorable in those pink outfits.  Oh I miss the old days.  
Rating:
Special Generation (Berryz Koubou)
I love this song too!  I am at a loss for words, no because of that I just have no idea what I can add.  Towards the end of the performance I thought the vocals (either that of the song itself) was getting a little stale.
Rating:
Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari (Morning Musume)
Okay the weird thing is that even though those costumes are kind of horrible. . . I think they look pretty good.  This song isn't as enjoyable when you don't know what they are saying, but it is pretty fun even then.  The extra frills make sense if you know what song is coming next.
Rating:
Iroppoi Jirettai (Morning Musume)
I love this song.  Some of the girls sound slightly off during one section (I think Eri was one of them), but they recover.  Wow that was a short song.
Rating:
Roman ~MY DEAR BOY~(Morning Musume)
This is mostly Miki and Takahashi with back up.  Hearing them right next to each other I prefer Miki's voice over Takahashi.  I'm starting to see Takahashi being conceited (That's right I'm the shit, take a big whiff).  I would expect that Ogawa and Yossie would be used more in the song.  At least Reina's pitch makes for a nice contrast and breaks up the tensity.  The dancing is on point, and so is everything else.
Rating:
Chokkan 2 ~Nogashita Sakana wa Ookiiso!~(Morning Musume w/ Berryz Koubou and C-ute as back-up dancers)
YES!  What don't I love about this performance!  They finally got rid of the dead weight sleeves and pant legs.  Everyone is into it and on top of their game.  It was spectacular.
Rating:  
Yuujou ~Kokoro no Busu niwa Naranee!~ (ALL but Morning Musume)
The have now switch the costumes.  It is similar to before but these are more girly and light.  However, v u den kind of looks like hookers.  
Rating:  
Piriri to Yukou! (ALL)
Morning Musume is back.  Their costumes are slightly different than the rest.  They're more like sailor costumes (Koharu looks sightly like a hooker because of that choker).  It is another high energy, large group number with an amazing song.
Rating:
Souda! We're ALIVE (ALL)
I think this is why I love the concert so much.  It is pregnant with energy, unusual shuffles, and large group number.  Oh the songs are good too.  
Rating:

Ai Araba IT'S ALL RIGHT (ALL)
This was a nice ending performance.  
Rating: ☆ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...