Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Graduation Photobooks and Moar!

There are a lot of photobooks being release, especially from AKB48 members.  It seems H!P is following AKB48's lead by releasing cheaper photobooks that don't have a hardback.  They make a great gift for the holidays, or you can do what I did and put all the merch on her Birthday/ Holiday wish list.  Have fun shopping:

Oshima Yuko's 3rd PB - L.A. 
1429yen 
I rarely preorder photobooks unless I know I really want it and I think it will sell out fast on CDJapan.  One of the reasons why is that I need to see enough previews beforehand, because I can't just go into the store and preview it.  Yuko is a goofball but also is really sexy, which comes across in this photobook release.  She obviously shot this in LA.  The photos have a gritty raw look to them which fits my image of LA (yes I've been there). 

Takahashi Minami 1st PB - TAKAMINA 
1143yen 
ONLY 4 COPIES LEFT AT CDJAPAN!  Takahashi Minami is also a goofy character, but she is quite modest in comparison to most of the other members.  Therefore, you won't see as much skin.  I was surprised at how cute Minami was in the previews I saw.  Now I don't think there will be any swimsuit shots, but she hasn't been wearing any bikinis lately.

Momoko Tsugunaga 5th PB - Momochi Zukan

2800yen
This one comes with a making of DVD.  Momo is one of my favorite H!P idols.  Momo is one of the most spastic, possibly the most spastic, idol ever.  I can't believe she is going to college.  She still has like the same face she did when she debuted.  
Kamei Eri's Graduation PB - Eririn
2200yen
This is a little more expensive than the last two because it includes a making of DVD.  Eri always releases wonderful photobooks and the only reason why I've held back is because they are usually over $40.  This photobook focuses on what she is like or would of been like as a normal adult.  We have the expected, sexy swimsuit shots.  However, this time we see her doing daily things like her on the train, playing tennis, working out, working as both an OL and a waitress.  Very natural photobook, which isn't too odd for Eri considering she has a very charming personality.

Ono Erena's Graduation PB 
1600yen
I am surprised about how little I've heard about this photobook.  It is going to be released tomorrow!  Like Eri was for Morning Musume, Erena has been a long time popular member of AKB48.  This is the only one that has yet to be released, so there are less previews floating around.  However, Erena's past photobooks and photo shoots have all been really good.  What I really love about Erepyon is how she is able to naturally walk the line between a child, a teen, and an adult.  She is adorable and sexy.  She is the most full figured out of the three that I've talked about, which I like.  The extra somethin' somethin' provides a lot of OMG cleavage shots.  This is my iPhone wallpaper actually.

Shinoda Mariko's 3rd PB - Mariko
1400yen
Now this one has been out for QUITE a while now, but I had to recommend it at some point.  I'm low on cash so it has been sitting on my want list for some time now.  Now I never thought of myself as a big Mariko fan, but she has been growing on me and seeing all the previews for this definitely helped.  She is a professional model so I wasn't surprised by how photogenic she was, but I was surprised by how much personality shined through.  Even though she comes off as a cool character (and was known for her poker face?) she is still a little bit of a goof.  She says harsh things, especially to guys, and has made an idiot of herself on AKBingo!, but that is why I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...