Saturday, December 11, 2010

Chance no Junban Coupling PV Reviews

First off, please add your comments to my previous post.  That post is more about the comments than anything else.  I made a new YouTube account so I can upload these and make them unlisted, but even when I change the file name each time they were automatically blocked.  It seems AKB48's management is cracking down.  I don't understand why they wouldn't at least release a preview for all the PVs, since they are called promotional videos.  So, I tried to get them to you in good quality.  I didn't think it would be worth it to create an account on Veoh or Dailymotion.  Here we go:

Kurumi to Dialouge PV (Team A)
Considering this is not a single PV, the fact that senbatsu members by far get the most screen time is quite disappointing.  Now it is expected in a way.  However, I was always naive to think they only used senbatsu to help gain new fans by being recognizable.  Now if you think about it, in a more positive light, they like to highlight the more popular members because they have more fans, there by giving what their fans want.  I much prefer this simple yet edgy mood for their promotional videos over what they did for Chance no Junban, and even for Yoyaku Shita Christmas.  I wasn't thrilled by the spinning shot or either dance shot.  None of them are bad per say, but not impressive.  They were good, amazing if you consider that this is the third track.  The track is by far better than the main one.  What makes me very happy is the production quality.  I adore the fact that they did one of my favorite trademarks when I used to edit videos more often, which is when you add more black borders to either the top or bottom of the shot.       
Score: ☆ (Out of 5)

ALIVE PV (Team K)
If you thought Team A had a well made music video, just look at this.  Team K has had a more rock and roll style compared to the two.  What this one lacks is that it is quite easy to miss some of the less popular members.  Like before, senbatsu members are pushed to the forefront and the rest you may never get a good look at.  You'll probably wouldn't notice if you don't have one of them as a favorite because of how good this music clip is.  It is more fashionable, more of a storyline, better shots and angles, and even their personalities are worked into their characters.  One thing that I can't get over is how ridiculous Yui's fall was, you get a nice butt shot because of it.  Yui is one of the non-popular members that gets a ton of screentime.  It makes sense for the story, similar to real life, she is the newbie on the jail cell block.  The explosions are a bit over dramatic.  The car chase is humorous considering they are running away on foot so there is no way that they are that fast.  I'm starting to think that they should do this more often!  
Score:

Love Jump PV (Team B)
These last two were leaked even before the release, but they have been kept off of YouTube so far.  Team B is also keeping up one of their big patterns by focusing all their attention on Yukirin and Mayuyu.  I expected that to change considering they added some pretty popular members, although none as popular as either of the two.  This falls back into cliche idol song, but they make up for it by increasing the storyline element.  All of Team B are attending a nursing school.  Mayu is the fun-loving, airhead (cyborg) which is foiled with Yuki's wound-up character.  The oddest thing to me was the close up shots.  Myao and Tomo~mi share some lines but they are separated when it is time for close ups.  Myao is in between Sumire and Komori, who sing together when Myao isn't.
Score:

Yoyaku Shita Christmas PV (7-11 Christmas Promotion Senbatsu)
This one is pretty pathetic, but compared to the production of the four other PVs I don't mind.  The management pushed members basically just sing while animation is fluttering and floating around them.  A little busy for my taste.  What I would of changed at least was that we see the members in some all white costumes just for a couple seconds here and there.  I would of mixed those into the close up shots.  The santa costumes would be good when they are doing magical things and in the dance shot.  It would add a little bit more diversity to it.  The reason why I am giving it such a high score is that it doesn't bore me or disappoint me at all, and I love the song.
Score:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...