Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Top 20 Songs of 2010

I noticed that people have been posting these.  Part of me wanted to wait till January, but the Oricon charts and many Japanese awards pick them early (which is why you won't see Beginner included in most of them).  Three stages from AKB48 have been premiered, so I wanted to include songs from those as well.  BUT, I am going to separate them.  I'll first do my Top 20 singles and then my Top 10 stages songs (no units).  I think that some will be surprised with the variety, even I am.  These are my opinions on what I liked best, not even what I think are in fact the best songs.  If the videos aren't showing up you'll have to go off the main page by clicking the read more link or whatever.  When I posted it all together it seemed slow. 

Top 20 Singles of 2010!
  1. Beginner - AKB48
  2. Troublemaker - Arashi
  3. 1! 2! 3! 4! Yoroshiku - SKE48
  4. Monster - Arashi
  5. Ikuze! Kaitou Shoujo - Momoiro Clover
  6. Oh! - Girls' Generation
  7. Love Song - Rain
  8. BBI-RI-BOP-A - Narsha
  9. Sakura no Shiori - AKB48
  10. Makenai Kokoro - AAA
  11. Ponytail to Shushu - AKB48
  12. Otakebi Boy WAO! - Berryz Koubou
  13. Akkanbe Bashi - Watarirouka Hashiritai
  14. Lupin - Kara
  15. HUH - 4Minute
  16. Onegai Dakara - Mano Erina
  17. GAGAGA - SDN48
  18. Wild - Amuro Namie
  19. Shock! - C-ute
  20. ooGanbaranakutemo Eenende!! - S/mileage  
Okay, I was going to give an explanation for each single one, but the formatting that I started out with wouldn't let me,  So either I had to reformat it or just do an overall explanation.  I guess it is for the best.  I have finals in less than a week and they probably wouldn't have been that good anyway.  When I was considering these I considered a couple of elements.  One was what my original feelings were towards the song.  This mostly played out if the song was addicting when I first heard it.  I also considered the artist themselves and whether it was that impressive coming from them.  I was more impressed with songs that sounded unique in comparison to what else was released from that artist and the market in general.  For example, while I thought 4Minute's singles are catchy and fun to dance to their catalog isn't that broad.  The song sounds similar to their other songs.  Personally, I like artists who experiment with their style.  There isn't anything wrong, and I am not a huge 4Minute fan, so that was my impression.  This also was the case for S/mileage and C-ute.  One of the songs that did well based on that criteria was Sakura no Shiori.  Some people say that AKB48 sounds like a choir, which isn't true at all.  They have a couple of songs that sound like that, but it is not common.  That single was a big risk and stood out from pretty much everything else released by popular groups, but that wasn't my only reason why.  I think it is a beautiful song.  As for what didn't make it. . . anyone notice that Morning Musume didn't make the cut?  It has been a bad year for them.  Last year they would of had a couple songs on my list, but nothing impressed me this go round.  If you want to hear an explanation for any song in particular just let me know in the comments.  



Top 10 Stage Tracks

1. I'm crying - Team A

2. 夢の鐘 - Team K

3. 100メートルコンビニ - Team B

4. ジグソーパズル48 - Team K

5. 摩天楼の距離 - Team A

6. 勇気のハンマー - Team B

7. ウッホウッホホ - Team K

8. 命の意味 - Team A

9. 隕石の確率 - Team B

10. いびつな真珠 - Team A

You know what.  Now that I formatted in a friendlier way, I don't really have anything to say for this part.  This ranking is pretty much just what I love in order of how much I like it.  If you want me to clarify. . . I'll consider it ( : 3 )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...