Thursday, February 4, 2010

Backstory Cont.

Where did I leave off...
The first time I heard of Morning Musume and AKB48 was when they were featured in Japanorama. AKB48 in the Otaku episode and Morning Musume (and Ayaya) in the Youth episode. I was getting into Japanese culture and language in 8th and 9th grade, but I didn't become devoted to idols till my junior and senior year. I downloaded one of Morning Musume's Pocky CM, and watched it over and over again before I knew who they were. I started to listen to Morning Musume during my junior year, but my knowledge was shallow. I was watching the OG graduate and I was glad. I didn't understand why Kei-chan was there. I was picky about the songs I liked, nothing too upbeat. I tried to figure out what generation Ayaya was, I didn't know about Hello Project yet. Everything changed when I started to watch the Utaban appearances from the beginning. (I still have not seen them all.) The next time I watched the OG graduate in concert it tugged at my heart strings. My interest in Morning Musume later led me to AKB48. I became interested after watching Mendol-Ikemen Idol. It just exploded after that. I think this is my first year that I would consider myself a wota. I still consider myself in training because I don't know many idols outside of Morning Musume. This is the first year I started to like Berryz Koubou, C-ute, and AKB. I also don't own any memorabilia yet.

H!P and Idols on Japanorama


AKB48 on Japanorama


Morning Musume CM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...