Saturday, February 27, 2010

How to Fall for Morning Musume

I think this is key to becoming a fan of Morning Musume. This will likely take you from a general fan that just likes the music, to the passionate relationship between a wota and his/her idols. I liked the group, but I had no idea of the history or epicness of Morning Musume. The first step is to watch Utaban. This is more important than Music Fighter or any of the other programs. I recommend starting with their first episode and working up from there. Once you reach the fourth generation episodes available with subtitles become erratic. Once you get closer to present day Utaban becomes less significant unless it features the OG. I suggest moving to Music Fighter at that point. Music Fighter deals with Morning Musume (since the 8th generation) much better.

If you are wondering why this is so important it is because Utaban and Morning Musume progressed together. I don't know how crucial Utaban was for Morning Musume become a hit. However, you will learn plenty from it. I didn't like Nacchi and hated Kei-chan until I started watching Utaban. I had no interest for the OG, so when they graduated I was actually glad. (I've talked about this before so sorry if this is repetitive for you.) Now when I watch it I start to tear up. Haromoni is also a great source. The earlier episodes are hard to come by, but once Utaban episodes become unstable Haromoni is where you should transfer to. Morning Musume members grow and the line up changes, so following and understanding crucial moments can be difficult for those who are just starting. These events happened years ago. By following their stories through TV you will (likely) fall in love with the famous Morning Musume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...