Saturday, March 13, 2010

FACE OFF WINNER: Myao!

Faint is one of my favorite songs from AKB48, but I rarely dislike any of their songs. To summarize the results: only four voted, and only one voted for Tomochin. You do the math. This may be considered surprising results because, as far as I know, Tomochin is the original lead of the song. (Plus, I also think Tomochin is generally more popular.) I've only seen one performance of Myao leading this song. Even at last year's AX, Tomochin performed the track.

I think the main cause for people to vote for Myao was the voice. Not that Myao is a better singer than Tomo. Of course not. Tomo just has an unusual voice, which is more often than not, seen as a high point. Possessing a voice that is unique is a great gift in the music business. However, for this song it just does not win over Miho's voice.

The stage effects were both spectacular in different ways. The lighting of the stage performance, and then the smoke at the concert. There is a chance that the costumes may have had a slight influence on the decisions. Tomo is more outright sexy. However, this is Miho's breakout performance for me. I fell for Miho after watching this. She works the bigger skirt, and I almost didn't recognize her. She looked a lot older and upped the sex appeal.

Now, we are starting to get into my opinion. I think Tomo is the better dancer, but I prefer Miho singing Faint. The costumes and stage effects are equal, but those shouldn't matter too much. I would vote for Myao. I in general love Myao more than Tomo. Tomo will always give a great performance, maybe more so than Myao. However, Myao just does this song better justice. This was a close one for me. Stay tuned for the next FACE OFF! (insert mortal kombat music)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...