Monday, July 5, 2010

AKB 600 - Episode 1 Summary & Review


It Begins!  The show is a cross between a documentary and a stalker video.  The premise of the show is to follow around members for a day (secretly) and see what they do.  Then edit it down to 600 seconds, which is about 10 minutes.  The first target is the fashion leader of AKB:  


Tomochin (Itano Tomomi)





















The introduction is nice for those who are not familiar with the members.  The concept is interesting considering that the group's popularity is growing.  Kind of a less rude...(scratch that) disturbing?  No that is not right either... um... less distracting than the paparazzi.  It also suits the core fan-base because they like to know everything about their idols.  

She first leads us to a nail salon, which they provide the name of.  She is helped by two women (one for each hand) in a potentially empty room.  When they follow her the corners show a bag or something.  I wish they gave more of a clue as to how they are doing this.  Wouldn't she notice if someone was following her all day?  A manager maybe, but would she behave the same as she usually does?  Possibly, if she doesn't know she is being taped.
My Japanese isn't spectacular so I bet this is very intriguing for those who understand it.  I believe she talks about a TV program and food.
I'm going to start using captions now!  Why I never thought of this... I don't know.  As we know from the graduates of Morning Musume, being a top idol is very tiring.  Tomochin starts to dose off, and then she is out.  They wake her up when they are finished.  Poor thing.  Do you like me using captions?  I don't know... it is all centered.  Wait... I can change that too!
Next we follow her to where she eats lunch.
She eats soba(?) alone... loudly.  This also makes her life seem depressing.  I wonder if they set it up so they don't meet friends or anything.  I bet they give the girls a heads up or something because we aren't going to discover any secrets here.
She then enters Rose Bullet, a clothing store.  Not much of a surprise.
Tomochin struggles over which color dress she wants (pink or blue).  This makes me want to go shopping.  I would buy one color of the dress, but I also noticed a one piece (shorts?) that looks cute.  I would get that in the other color.  She goes back and forth for quite a while.

She then has a meeting with, I believe, her agents or her people.  Their age and appearance does not give off the family or friends vibe.  They order food.
She talks about Team A and Team K.  She mentions how she has Team A pride.  Well it was her team for a long time, she grew up with Team A.  However, she talks about the dancing of Team K.  The first name she mentions in the entire show is Oshima Yuko, but nothing bad.  This also leads me to believe that she is at least a little bit in on it or that anything undesired it edited out.
The END
Next week or whenever they show the next episode, they are going to stalk Haruna Kojima (Team A).  In the preview there is a lot of Takahashi Minami.  Will it be them on the set of their new drama?  A no3b promotional thing of meeting?  I didn't see any Minami Minegishi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...