Sunday, August 29, 2010

24 Hour TV Review + Sassy Newss!

Let's start off with the small news. Sashihara Rino (Sasshi/ Sassy) has changed her (stage?) name to Sashiko.  (If you don't know who she is or doesn't care.  I can give you at least one reason why.)  There is some confusion as to why, but she (as well as other members) have been calling her(self) Sashiko even before the change.  All of her profiles have changed.  It may be just easier to write or more of an idol name.  Rino-chan doesn't sound very cute.  It makes me think of a rhinoceros.  I can understand wanting to change your name.  Personally, I want to change my name so (one I would like it more and) it would be easier to write in katakana.





Now for the 24 Hour TV Section!



I have to admit I wish the girls of AKB48 were more lively in the first two segments. Then again, I want to keep in mind that these are the front girls so they are probably extremely busy. I like to keep in mind the elder club's appearances on TV after graduation. They talked about how crazy and draining it was when they became a popular idol group. I think we know already how much less Morning Musume has going on. (I don't see how Morning Musume would ever have a more packed schedule than the front girls of AKB48. I mean concerts, stages, AKBingo!, Shukan, other TV appearances, handshake events because of their new single, school, magazine shoots, jdramas. Trying not to upset anyone.) Some of the girls of AKB48 were pretty lively, but I have to give it to Morning Musume for really shining. They look great and are all together. S/Mileage just fades into Morning Musume. I don't agree with some people who think they should just add them to Morning Musume. I love S/Mileage! In the Morning Musume B-side song AKB48 is kind of just pushed to the side to sing during the chorus. I mean, it isn't their song and their not really incorporated into the song. Why is the camera on them when they aren't singing? I understand like a couple shots, similar to the shots used for the personalities.

Now, I don't believe most people have seen the AKB48 only portion. I get why because most people were focusing on the collaboration. I wish there was a better collaboration. Mix them together. Have them medley a combo of both of their songs. I understand why them selected the song from Morning Musume they did because of its meaning. I just felt like AKB48 was there because they are more relevant, but Morning Musume is like their senpai and has been doing this longer. There are clips floating around on YouTube of AKB48 appearing on other shows as part of 24 Hour TV. I think I've seen one of London Hearts (w/ SDN48 there too).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...