Thursday, August 5, 2010

Morning Musume = love

So I may be one of the few that still finds Morning Musume one of the better groups. (Though I will not deny AKB48 nor any of the other girl groups out there of their awesomeness!)

I still find Morning Musume to be one of my favorite groups, Ai Takahashi has become a good leader (Even though she's hogging a bit of the spotlight) But I think that she's doing a good job leading the group. Their sound has changed a lot since the "golden age" of MoMusu and people see that as a negative, I, however, think that the group is just trying to adapt and grow to compete with not only other bands from Japan but the rising K-Pop influence!

As far as the older girls are concerned I'm placing my money on Ai and Risa graduating sometime after either the next single or the single after that. I hope that the leadership position will be given either to Sayumi, Reina or Eri seeing as they are the oldest. I think Eri's singing talent has been horribly unrepresented and I know that she's one of the stronger singers.

What I'd like to see as far as the group is concerned:
1. Tsunku brings in two to three new girls (starting Generation 9)
2. Ai Takahashi and Risa Niigaki graduate
3. Reina Tanaka becomes leader with Eri Kamei (or Sayumi Michishige) as sub-leader.
4. Reina, Eri and Sayumi graduate
5. Generation 10 is introduced
6. Leadership of the group falls to Aika Mitsui or Junjun (whomever of the two becoming the sub-leader)

Yes, Aika has quickly grown to be my favorite MoMusu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...