Wednesday, August 11, 2010

'That Costume Is Too Bulky!'

Yes, we know.  But it is not being that way for the sake of just making the girls look like they gained ten pounds.  I thought we all understood by now that during the beginning set they usually do costume changes without any amount of time to do so.  Therefore, the designers have to come up with a set that fit on top of each other that also suit the song.  The girls are usually holding at least two other outfits under the first.  I just think people should not take it like 'what can you do?'  It is a trade off.  Less costume variety or one big costume for only the opening number.  Can we really not look past what the girls look like for one song?  There is only one instance that I can think of where they did this so flawlessly that it shocked me.  The first concert tour:
I was amazed at how tiny the costumes were yet there was another hidden beneath it, then another.  (Don't take what I saw personally, just got to vent my frustrations and opinions.)  Just enjoy it when they do the layering well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...