Tuesday, August 31, 2010

AKB48 Rocks @ Fanservice - Reserved Tickets For Overseas Fans!

I've been hearing small things about it here and there but nothing extensive(?).  Anyway, the AKB48 theatre is in the process or finalized a section of six seats on the left side, FRONT ROW for fans traveling from overseas!  I always feared the process of getting tickets, and to hear that I have a good chance at getting a front row seat is amazing!  (Will the pillars be a problem in that area?)  I'm probably not going to Tokyo till I go abroad in my junior year of college.  So, I'll likely be there long enough to not have to worry too much about getting a ticket.  Unless, I end up somewhere not in Tokyo.  The tickets are called Super Enpou.  It is similar to how you would usually go about getting tickets.  You would email them, but you would also include how long you are staying and such.  Then you would receive a confirmation email and you would buy/ pick them up the day of.  You can follow while this story develops at Stage48.  Once it is final they will likely update the 'How to get a ticket' section.  I don't believe the AKB management actually believes that AKB48 stands a chance at being a force in the American music industry and all that.  By traveling overseas, which they do a lot of, they make headlines/ buzz and win over more fans.  (More fans, more money.)  Plus, if they have a good portion of foreign fans it will impress regular Japanese people.

*I was having a conversation with two Japanese girls who are attending (for only the year) the same University as me.  They are from the Japanese University that I want to attend while I go abroad.  And only one girl knew what oshimen was.  (I was asking what would be the male version of oshimen or if it works for both males and females.)  It kind of shocked me because I hear, well read, the word often.  I guess it is only common for those who are familiar with idols.  Anyway, they both like AKB48 which was nice to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...