Friday, June 4, 2010

LIVE v. Recorded

I have an interesting dilemma.  I used to download Hello Project and other artists' songs by using YouTube, which resulted in me mostly listening to the LIVE versions.  However, now I've been getting the recorded versions of songs through fellow bloggers and by purchasing the songs.  What I have noticed is the fact that I despise the recorded versions(, which is true for mostly Hello Project.  Other groups including AKB48 are usually equal it just depends if I want to hear the chants in the background or different line-ups).  After Hello Project music became available on the American iTunes I started to purchase songs that I loved in concert.  I assumed that what is true for most music industries was also the case for Hello Project.  However I was severely disappointed.  It is getting to the point where I don't want to purchase their music because I might prefer the live download, even if it is not as high of quality.  I'm not even talking about the performance factor.  I'll provide some examples.
One of my earlier posts was about my favorite H!P performances.  I selected Buono!'s live performance of Goal! from their Rock'n Buono!2 concert.  I downloaded the CD and was disappointed.  The song was lifeless in comparison.  The fire and wave I felt listening to the LIVE is superb, but it wasn't there.  It isn't as bad as some other recording (which I'll get to) but I thought the LIVE performance made the song good enough to be a single, even when you don't understand what they are singing.

Morning Musume was added to my iTunes options, so I bought an awesome song that I heard during a Hello Project concert.  Well, I was furious when I heard it.  I understand that the singers are different, but it sounds horrid!
Now all the sub-groups sound awful recorded both vocally and the feeling of the song.  It all just feels dead, and sounds bad on a CD.  I know you make most of your cash from concerts, but if you are going to do such a bad job then don't even bother releasing this trash!  I just download the live version because it just sounds a hundred times better.  The vocals sound better!  The whole point of the studio recording is to spend time until the song and vocals sounds perfect!  I just don't know what they are doing anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...