Friday, June 18, 2010

Next Generation of AKB

It is extremely hard to predict who will graduate, when, and who will be put in their place.  AKB48 also has trainees waiting to move in, and new members waiting to build up their popularity.  There are three spots I want to consider: AKB's leader/ voice, AKB's face, Team Captains.  I cut off the ages so they have to be born in 1992 or later.  Let's first go over who is most likely going to be a front girl...

The Face:  My best guess is Mayu, but I also see the possibilities in Erena and Haruka.  Mayu is by far the most popular out of all these girls, and she was in original Team B.  Erena has been a front girl even before Mayu was around because she was in original Team K.  Erena already has a solo release, solo photobooks, and a great acting career.  Then there is Haruka. . . she actually reminds me the most of Acchan.  They seem to have a similar aurora.  She also shot up to make senbatsu for the first time, so can she not just hold it but also rise?  Minami Minegishi is also very popular but I don't think she has the looks or what it takes to be #1. 

The Voice:  This one is tricky because I see potential in the brand new members.  Takahashi Minami is not only the voice, but Akimoto's favorite and basically the leader of the entire group.  So the one who reminds me most of Takamina would be Ami.  I don't hear her enough to know if she has a good enough voice, but she is made fun of like Takamina.  I've also considered Moeno, but I don't think she is that popular.  Takamina stays within the Top Ten in senbatsu.

Team Captains:  They are members that are popular and towards the front, but never really the front girls.  By then AKB48 will have gone through at least one shuffle.  Therefore, picking it by team would be hard to call.  I see leadership potential in Minami Minegishi and Moeno.  They are both very popular, but not too much.  It may be the fact that they are older, but they seem more mature than the rest.  Haruka is also a possibility, but I don't think her personality is strong enough to be captain.  Captains tend to have strong personalities.  Mika seems to be too quiet to be a leader.  Miho, Erena, and Mayu, I believe, are too popular to be captains.  It is hard to call because they are still so young.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...