Saturday, May 29, 2010

New Morning Musume PV

Morning Musume。- Seishun Collection PV

The single is nice and so is the PV, but that is expected. However it is still not good enough to be a hit. C-ute is getting a bigger production budget than Morning Musume. They wear those horrid outfits for the entire single! C-ute's attire for their latest single was at least cute for both the costumes and the causal.  If they wanted to go simple they should of done something similar to C-ute's Shigatsu Sengen PV.  They only wore one outfit but they also used just one style of background.  I wouldn't mind the green and blue costumes if it was during a concert, but this is a single!  Have some pride!  (Plus JunJun's brown hair makes her less striking, and her costume makes her look fat.)  Why not some sports wear like show them playing soccer or in the stands?  The girls going out and having fun in some regular clothes... it is just so bland.  The song is pretty, but it reminds me of some of their songs on their last album, and those weren't singles.  It is like they are not trying anymore.  I'm just disappointed and I'm starting not to care because I know not to get my hopes up.  I also don't see a new member coming in anytime soon.  There is just no spark.

Another suggestion is the song feels generic. I've heard it already. I shouldn't expect song writers and producers to be able to pull a hit every single time, but that is part of their job. I think mixing up the singers would be nice. It is the same leads and the same back up. Different voices may produce a different sound. Let each girl lead a different song or single. I just want to be surprised once and a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...