Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hello! Project 2010 Winter Kacho Fugetsu ~ Shuffle Date Review

Wow, long title.  I saw this concert a while ago, if you recall I put up a link to YouTube for it.  Anyway, I have not heard much about it in general.  The one thing I heard was that someone didn't like it.  I was going to do a review of AKB48's first tour concert, but then I thought... I haven't done a proper Hello Project review yet.  So I am going to do it right now!
Uwaki na Honey Pie - ALL
I loved this opening number.  The costumes were cute, and the only one who looked like Kei-chan in her fur coat was Niigaki.  (She just looks horrible most of the time with short hair.)  I never cared for Country Musume, but these gals do a great job with this song.  I like the fact that girls are split up by their shuffle group, not their typical group.  Anyway, great way to start things off!


Pen Pen Kyoudai - Shin Mini Moni
 It begins, and I'm excited.  Then they start singing.  The old Mini Moni songs were catchy and crazy, but this is torture.  I don't even want to count how many times they said pen.  The only one who sounded any good was Kanon? the one from S/Mileage.  Poor thing, her hair decoration fell off.  Overall... great when they didn't sing.  This isn't their fault, completely.  It would of been decent if it was a different song.  At least they took away those ridiculous cartoon hands.

Mini Strawberry~ Pie
Okay... this is also really repetitive.  I can't take two songs like this in a row.

Going On! - Guardians 4
I don't know why they are here.  They were only good when there weren't any shuffle groups.  Is that anime still going on?  I don't know what is worse: waiting for my ears to bleed or falling asleep from a bland song, and a non-impressive performance.

First Kiss - Aa!
Loved it!  I'm interested in the new girl, she seems very quiet.  I had a thought while they were performing.  First why are they wearing t-shirts with their face on it?  Then, wouldn't it be perfect if Miyabi and Airi hated each other.  Miyabi is like yes, shuffle groups...LESS TIME WITH BUONO= less time with Airi.  Now let's see only three people that's good odds.  WTF AIRI AGAIN!  How did that happen?

Yume to Genjitsu
Also very nice, chill.  There isn't much to say besides that.  Miyabi's voice sounded a bit off.

Pira! Otome no Negai - Pucchi Moni V
I don't know.  I just don't know.

Chokotto Love
I liked this performance more than the one before.

Ouji-sama to Yuki no Yoru - Tanpopo
I like the vibration in Eri's voice!  There are still improvements to be made.  Aika needs better hair, with some style of bangs.  This is just a dull song.  Tsunku, come on!  I heard you've been writing songs outside of Hello Project.

Umbrella
I prefer this track.  I don't know how 'Tanpopo' it is, but it is tons more interesting than that last one.

Bravo☆Bravo - Buono!
This group is epic.  Suudou looked really bored sitting on the side just now.

Renai♥Rider
They have better songs, it is good though.  Nice mood music! (during the dance segment)

BE ALL RIGHT! - H!P Mix
This felt like a filler song.  While, I got bored I started to ponder something again.  This is by a shuffle group.  I guess Hello Project isn't popular enough to do those seasonal shuffles like before.

Suki Sugite Baka Mitai - Sayumi, Reina, Maasa, Maimi
This is the worst performance of this song that I've seen or heard.  It is worse than Rika's sex dance.  They looked bored!  How am I suppose to get excited?  However, Reina's first line sounded awesome.

LOVE LIKE CRAZY - Takahashi, Eri, Captain
One of my favorites of the night.  I wish Ai gave some of her lines to Captain.  It has been such a long time since I heard this song.

Shiroi TOKYO - ZYX-a
This feels like a filler shuffle group.  so who didn't fit in anywhere else?  It would of been better if this was Niigaki and some Eggs.  Either that or putting together all the original members that are still here.

Iku ZYX! FLY HIGH
........................

ONLY YOU - Zoku v-u-den
Why are they dressed up like bdsm hookers?  This is a bad night for pretty much everyone.  What?  Did they put sleeping pills in the drinking fountain or something?  JunJun didn't sound so hot.

Koisuru♥Angel♥Heart
To put this in perspective I like this more than the other bland numbers, so winner for the best 'only okay' song.  At least I don't want to stab myself, like during the pen song.

DESTINY LOVE - High-King
very nice... sound wise.  Not a very stage/ concert friendly song.  Maybe if they let the girls walk around!  At least do some nice staging, the girls aren't that good if they are restricted. 

DIAMONDS
Great!  I like the performance more, but I don't like the song that much.  Awwwwwww...
 C\C (Cinderella\Complex)
I'm not bored, WOOT!  I'm not going to say it.  No... fine.  I don't love it, but it is still very good.

Renai Revolution 21 - ALL
How can you do this song half-assed?  Where is the power?  Where is the energy?  The good thing is is that it is impossible to give a bad performance with this song.  It is just sad and lacking in comparison.

Overview: There were some great performances, (it feels like a lot of) dull ones, and we need new songs for Shin Mini Moni.  The classics saved them at times, and no one did better than the originals.  It is sad.  I do like the costumes for the beginning and ending songs.  It was nice to see the girls shuffled.  I just think it was a bad night.  I've seen them perform the same songs better at the last H!P concert.  Nice work ladies, next time drink some coffee.  Don't have any sugar either, or you'll crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...