Friday, October 8, 2010

Morning Musume Revival - How I Would Bring Back Morning Musume

Now the current 9th generation auditions and the upcoming graduations are already going to shake up the Morning Musume line up, but I don't trust Tsunku enough to fully take advantage of this chance.  Ai Takahashi has been one of the aces for awhile now and I think it is really getting stale.  If she is staying in the position as leader I don't think too much will change.  So here is what I would do to reawaken Morning Musume.  At this point Morning Musume would need to basically release themselves like a whole new idol group if it were to really comeback at full force.  To do that the whole image, and therefore line up would need to change.  Unfortunately, the members that I don't think need to leave are, but I'll stick by my plan. 

Ai Takahashi should leave to work either as a solo artist, which wouldn't go too well, or to work in musicals like Takarazuka.  I truly believe that is where she should, and wants to, be.  Second, Niigaki Risa wouldn't help at all and should leave to do more acting jobs or to be an MC for Hello Project concerts.  The only reason why I think she should leave to focus on acting has nothing to do with her acting skills.  I don't know how well she can act.  All I know is that she wouldn't be a good leader unless she steps to the side and that she looked good in her movie trailer.  (I bet I've lost half of you at this point.)  I sincerely believe Reina Tanaka would make the best leader to reinvent Morning Musume.  She was labeled as the ideal member, she looks the same as she did like five years ago, and she wants to be leader.  She looks young and has the experience to lead.  Morning Musume is becoming the senpai group and is not going with it.  They are stuck at a cross roads: try a more adult image or lose five years to your look.  That is if they want to be popular.  They could continue to work and sell singles if they are okay with being irrelevant.  Face it, neither Takahashi or Niigaki give off the right impression for a new Morning Musume.  They need to start a new era!

This would make the members be Reina Tanaka, Sayumi Michishige, Aika Mitsui, and the 9th generation.  Reina Tanaka would be the leader, but I wouldn't make her the center.  In fact, I would avoid a center girl at all possible.  I would want three or more aces at the front.  Sayumi Michishige is a TV personality which is still a great tool for Morning Musume.  Aika Mitsui is still fresh faced and she compliments Reina.  To be perfectly honest I am worried that Morning Musume is not worth keeping around.  Some things aren't meant to last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...