Thursday, October 21, 2010

New48 PVs!

SKE48「1!2!3!4! ヨロシク!」


I am totally asking for this single for my birthday!  SKE48 has a strong possibility of beating Morning Musume's single.  (I'll talk about this more in another post.)  This promotional video is an explosion of genki.  Talk about extras.  There were hip hop dancers, a woman in a sexy bunny costume, carnival Rio dancers,  teachers, hundreds of schoolgirls, santa, a random black guy.  When I heard a short clip of this single I thought it sound dull.  While I still think the song itself is nothing ground breaking or surprising for SKE, I absolutely love it.  Their singles have been doing really well considering this is only their fourth single.  

SDN48GAGAGA!」


I've heard people compare this to K-pop, which I can see where they got that impression.  However, I don't think I see it reflecting K-Pop that much.  I can see the similarities.  (I don't consider a sexy image as K-Pop either because excuse me Koda Kumi and other Japanese artists have had a sexy image for a while now.)  However, when I heard this song I thought that this was right up Meetan's alley.  Her solo single had a similar sound: the breathy sex voice.  I am surprised that no one is commending this group for breaking an idol barrier.  They have an age floor set, you have to be over 18.  Now that is not too radical, but you have to admit it is the opposite of what most idol groups have (an age ceiling).  Now this single, when I first heard it, I really liked it.  It is not too focused on Meetan, which I like.  It is a good move considering this is their major debut single, so featuring all the top favorites is ideal.  But don't fret Meetan wota.  Not only does the song fit Meetan like fishnet tights, but the dance formation follows the ranking.  I do like, as a matter of promotion, that they continue to make themselves a joke.  They said something along the lines that unlike Kara and Girls' Generation who feature their legs and butts that this single features their elbows.  Funny right?  Now all they need is release the stage, or maybe I just need to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...