Thursday, September 16, 2010

A3 [Dareka no Tame ni] Review

I know this came out A LONG TIME AGO, but I wasn't a fan then and it was just uploaded onto a torrent site.  Stages usually grow on me, same with singles and other things.  One thing that I notice is the production value of the video seems better than the ones being released now.  There are better angles among other things that just make it seem a little bit better.  I've heard pretty much every song from this stage even before watching it so I might be a little tamed than my usual reviews.
This is old.  Not only does it have member introductions but Cindy and a ton of grads are in it.  There are members that I don't even recognize.  Cindy doesn't look so great then, time did wonders for her.  She looks so plain and dull.
Tsukimiso-
Now this is what I'm talking about.  The lighting and that opening angle.  I am a sucker for a Japanese pop song with a traditional feel, just drums in general.  Now because I don't understand what they are saying every song is automatically less impressive.  This is back when they didn't do layering costumes, so just a plain uniform.  I wouldn't think it would be hard to make a costume for this song to throw over that.  The dance choreography is really good at the beginning but goes down a bit when they break their lines.  So overall,  it is a good opening.  The song is pretty good and of course my darling Mii-chan starts front and center.
Warning-
Oh, a little James Bond.  Nevermind.  The song reminds me of C-ute's most recent single Dance to something.  It has that little whining thing and during the chorus it turns into a regular pop song.  I already said during my review of that single that I didn't love the song.  Wow, there are a lot of girls on stage.  Did Team A have a really large team in the beginning?  The front girls are adorable here and the front girls of SDN48 look so young and raw here.  The very end is good, when they combined the chorus and the verse style.
Tanjobi no Yoru-
I know this song!  Such a classic and cockroach is there.  I thought this song came from either the first or second stage.  It would of been great to be a fan in Japan at this time.  The girls wouldn't be as busy and it might of felt like they were a Akihab secret.  I believe this is right around when they were picked up by a major recording label (or switched?).  Takahashi, all of the front girls, are really fresh here.  By front girls I mean Haruna, Tomochin, Acchan, Takamina, Mii-chan.  And everyone's favorite lion is here.
Bird-
No MC I see.  I've watched this performance on YouTube before.  I've always loved this song, and this performance is one of the best.  Wow, Mariko is young and cute here.  Mai Mai doesn't look that different.  They do a lot of different levels with the stage in this stage; I like it.  I find it odd for the management to put three really popular members in one unit where there is not equal focus.  Wouldn't you split them up or have them share.  I guess it makes a superstar unit.
Nage Kiss de Uchiotose!-
I always want to reject this unit whenever I first see this.  But I can't say no to my lolis and favorites.  One of the girls who I don't know looks like Natsumi from Team B.  It is a typical, childish, cute idol song.  The beginning sounds like Ring Ring.  This must be a big team because there is six members and this is not even the left over unit.  They should of just made more units because there is so many strong members in this team.  I love seeing those humongous pillars.
Shinkiro-
This is also a superstar unit but they have the girls at equal footing.  This is a beautiful duet.  I never read the lyrics for this song.  It is wonderful on its own, but I bet I would love the words.  That's odd.  It sounds like Haruna has two voices during her solo lines.  Hmm.  Is it possibly the cover up audio, but they both sound good and. . . now it is Rinatin too.  Oh yeah.  I still can't see Rinatin as an AV girl.  I wonder how Haruna feels about Rinatin's new career choice.  Why did Rinatin graduate anyway?  Did she have a reason that she announced?  She was such a star and she was in Chocolove.  Maybe she is one of those sweet girls who are secretly really sexual (librarian stereotype and such).
Rider-
Holy squirrel holding a nut!  Give me a sec I need to count all of them.  Stand still!  Nine girls!  What is this crap?  Don't get me wrong; I've grown to adore this unit.  This is basically all the graduate girls in one unit.  But to have a unit with nine members and only two leads.  They aren't even weak members.  Why!  Everything is great but I feel like you are wasting them.  I wonder.  This would of been cool if you shuffled the lead spots around.  When I first watched this unit in the Top 100 I thought it was stupid and lame, but I do enjoy it now.
Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru-
Hmm.  This feels like a rip off because it is a single and not in the encore.  I want to say this one was lip synced but it sounds different than the recorded version.  Mariko, Takamina, Mai Mai's and some of the members sound different.  I heard footsteps and stomps during the group members, so maybe.  Now Tomochin sounded really different during the Ahh.  Not lip synced?  Comparing to the recorded track is my best tool to determine if I think they are lip syncing.  Sorry to talk about something else but it is a good performance.  As expected by senbatsu members for a single.
Natsu ga Icchata-
(Head tilted to the side) I'm not sure about this song.  There are parts that sound promising but the chorus sounds generic.  The dancing is the same.  What is the crowd saying?  Party?  I feel calm.  The combination with the old style stage and idols I feel comfortable.
Koike-
Oh time for Mariko's song.  Don't pay attention to the girls at the front.  The best part about the song is watching the girls in back or the middle.  Their expressions during the shimmies and other parts are quite entertaining.  The chorus is really good.  I don't know what the song is about so the acting doesn't make any sense.  Mii-chan!  I need to see A4.  These costumes are really basic; they must of added money to the costume budget.  When they pat their stomach/ hip I think 'pon pon'.  Mariko is such a bad ass.  Good job!
Tsuki no Katachi-
This is one of my favorite group numbers.  I've always enjoyed this song.  People can't think of stages like concerts.  Stages are a whole nother entity.  Everything about this is spectacular.  This might not make sense for those who haven't seen a stage before, but you are just in the wrong mindset or have a different opinion.  It is similar to a broadway musical being compared to a high school production.  All its charm derives from its low key and smaller production.  Does that help?
Dareka no Tameni ~What can I do for someone?~-
The basic, white shirt-dresses are lovely.  I never thought about where this song came from.  This is a wonderful stage ending track.  For a second there I thought Mii-chan would lean in for a kiss from Lion-chan.  Gao!  Isn't Mariko the oldest member?  Or is that Oshima?  Isn't the general max age for AKB48 26?  Noro mentioned something about that.  Which means Shinoda Mariko has only two more years left right?  Here is another instance.  If I hear that the vocals aren't perfect, I assume they aren't lip syncing.  Why, if you are faking already, not have the vocals be less than perfect?
Medley-
This makes sense for an encore number.  If this was from a recent stage, I would think it was a rip off.  Encores are now-a-days really good, sometimes better than sections of the stage itself.  The vocals don't sound perfect here either.  This medley is basically speeding up all their classic songs.  Oh I adore you Mii-chan.  I am still not impressed by the medley, but I am sure enjoying it.  Mini body roll from Tomochin.  It is getting my blood pumping.  Okay, I give in (nice facial expression Rinatin) this is a good medley.  Wait what?  This is. . . what... why.  Sorry five thoughts came at the same time.  Got a little overwhelmed.  I saw pointing in the middle of a thought then I saw someone by an exit (on the stage?).  I lost my original idea.  This is a pretty long medley.  Mii-chan may be in the front more than Acchan has.  Was that a wink Yukari?  I love how relaxed to spastic they can go in a second.  During such a fast song some of the girls seemed so calm.
Namida Uri no Shojo-
This sounds exactly like the single version.  Hmm.  Having the single during the stage, but the coupling song during the encore.  I would prefer putting the two together during the encore.  Shout out to the people in charge of lighting for this stage.  This is a great song.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...