Monday, September 13, 2010

I've Just Been Thinking Lately. . .

Is Himawari-gumi 2nd Stage the best stage ever?  I watched it for the first time and I loved both versions.  I've haven't seen that many of the early stages, but this one had so much variety.  One was similar to senbatsu and the other was Undergirls combined with a ton of graduates.  I might do a poll to see which is the most popular stage.  Should I review it?

Why didn't Tsunku abuse the shit out of Mitsui!  I mean they gave her a couple of lines for each song, but after Yossi graduated they just shoved her in the back with JunJun and LinLin.  I mean, AKB48 needs to use basically the same members to catch new fans, but Morning Musume was small enough they could feature all members.  I know they have the whole Aces and support theory, but still. . . It is a freakin' idol group.  How many idols group have a high average age?  She is the youngest, fresh faced, member: abuse it!  Before they had four strong aces: Yossi, Mikitty, Ai, and Reina.  On top of that you feature each member with solo lines!  Now you have Reina and Ai then a little bit more of Kame and Niigaki.  You can't just have Reina and Ai do most of the singing because then, in theory, you might as well just do a duo.  But, as Tsunku knows, Reina and Ai are not a strong enough duo to do it on their own.  Remember Resonant Blue?  The only decent solo lines went to three people.  The rest were left as back up singers and back up dancers.  WTF Tsunku. . . WTF.

What is with all the up skirt shots of all the members all of a sudden?  I know it comes from a magazine, but they have pictures from a while back.  AND they keep on doing it.  It is not even their real underwear.  They wear short shorts under their skirt.  Really?

AKB48 fans, I understand you want to make a point.  But so do I.  (The most common example is RIVER and the coupling song so I'll use that.)  The fan favorite is Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara (the Undergirls' track).  There is a reason that that song was not the senbatsu/ main song of that single.  It is clearly an idol song.  The music producers know you are going to buy the single.  They know that you love the members and know them.  You are the fans, basically you are a constant.  If they just wanted to make you, and only you happy, then they would have made it the title song.  However, RIVER is appealing to a wider audience (hence it becoming a number one single and AKB48's breakout song).  The coupling song keeps their core base happy.  Fans will always have something to say about the main track, because it is the main track.  Now this might not be completely true all the time, but the standard for the coupling tracks is lower.  Like how I thought Hikoukigumo is a great third track (it is a classic and fits the Theatre girls very well), but it should not be a title or (2nd) coupling song.  Another example is that my favorite song off their last single is Lucky Seven, but I would never have made that the single.  I may like it better than Heavy Rotation, but I have to admit that Heavy Rotation is a better single.  I prefer KnKgSD better than RIVER too.  I also would not have made that the main song.  Also the senbatsu members would not have fit the song as well, but I wouldn't want the typical senbatsu to sing the back up track.  Does that make sense?

Idols do not always get along, just like regular people.  But they need to say and act like they are all friends.  So when I said that I am confident that Ai and Sayu at one point didn't get along; I'm confident.  (Cause if they were just joking would Sayu really have that face of disappointment?  I don't think Sayu is that good of an actress, plus if it was a joke why would she go with realistic acting.)  If you are wondering why I used that ->
picture, it is because Mikitty was on a TV show and she was talking about members she didn't like while she was in Morning Musume.  She mentioned Tsuji and Ishikawa, but she also said she is friends with them after she graduated.  Tokyohive (blog roll) has a post about it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...