Saturday, September 18, 2010

H2 - Yume wo Shinaseru Wake ni Ikanai Review

Would you like me to continue my reviews of old stages.  I know I'm not the only new fan out there for AKB48.  Some feedback would be nice.  There are two different casts.  This is back from the days when there were Team A and Team K.  No Team B yet.  I have yet to see H1, but I really want to.  It is something on my shopping list to buy every stage.  I'm pretty sure they released a box set at one point.  Now let's get on with the show.  I am going to focus on the first set of members, for the most part senbatsu members, except for the units.

Romance, Irane-
This is a single, so of course the song is great and so is everything else.  I personally love this single and its coupling song (which is the title for this stage).  Now that I think about, this single does sound like a stage song more so than an actual single.
Yume wo Shinaseru Wake ni Ikanai-
This is an amazing track and I've never seen a bad performance of it.  I don't know why I thought of this during this performance, but it reminded me of Tsunku's bad producing and managing skill.  They have pretty much double the members but everyone gets a good amount of lines and I wouldn't say that anyone had that much of a push more than anyone else.  The girls at the front get shuffled around a lot.  I guess I am too much of a fan at this moment to understand the negative things people have to say about this group.  I'll probably talk about this more later.
Let’s get "Ato 1 cm"-
I don't understand the title of this song.  Nice abs Sayaka.  This is a cute, fun song.  It isn't anything spectacular song-wise, but the girls keep it up.  The goldish yellow goes well with the purple, but I don't know about those orange accents.  They are playing musical chairs, okay. . .  I don't know why anyone would say these girls don't have any charm they are all so adorable.
Ai to Pride-
I love this song.  Tomo~ did a cute little butt shake.  It is a simple song, but they don't all need to be flashy. I enjoy idol music because it can be so positive and happy.  They are the ones who brighten up my day.  Listening to them is like a cup of morning coffee: crisp with a jolt to put some pep in my step.  I don't know what to say if I don't have anything bad to say.  I already said I loved it.  I guess I'm just poor at expanding.

Bye Bye Bye (Kojima Haruna, Takahashi Minami, Minegishi Minami)-
Is this before No3b?  Takamina's hair looks superb during this stage.  She should leave it down more often.  It is mostly during Takamina's lines that it sounds different.  A couple for Mii-chan two.  There is Haruna too.  Not lip syncing?  Sorry, just trying to find good examples to use.  I've seen this unit before, and they always do well.
Bye Bye Bye (Tojima Hana, Miyazaki Miho, Hayano Kaoru)-
This is an interesting unit.  I adore all three.  This is back when Myao is a cute kid.  Kaoru!  That top is odd on her because she is so top heavy.  I think the first set was better look wise.  I mean I love all of them but these three look a little odd together.  Look.  The audience looks different.  Yep, that is what I notice.  Oh Hana.  You should of done Gao at the end.

Hajimete no Jelly Beans (Maeda Atsuko, Miyazawa Sae, Sato Natsuki)-
This is one of those units that I didn't care for at first.  Usually anything that is too generic idol I don't care for at first.  But, it is so cute.  I think it is an interesting combination to put these three together.  Nonti is a strong vocalist and was one of the comedians earlier on (like Kei-chan in Utaban).  Then we have entertaining and goofy Sae.  Then we have Acchan whose voice and personality fits this song perfectly.  She sometimes reminds me of Kamei Eri.  It is like a mix of Kamei and Takahashi.  She can have a quieter personality like Ai, but then she has the sweet voice and cute looks like Kamei.  I wish they did something more interesting during the no-singing section.  The fake guitar is cute during singing segments, but not good enough when there aren't any vocals.
Hajimete no Jelly Beans (Narita Risa, Fujie Reina, Komatani Hitomi)-
I think Reina and Risa fit this song.  I don't know about Hitomi.  Yeah she usually gets placed in idol songs, but I would prefer her in the ballad unit.  I guess she works.  I think this unit has the same issue as the last one did.  Just looks a little less impressive.  If you aren't a particular fan of these members I would say the first cast is better.  I wouldn't say they were worse, just less polished looking.  Like one complaint people have with AKB48 is because they don't look as good, well I like that fact.  Stop being so superficial!

Tonari no Banana (Ono Erena, Kasai Tomomi)-
Will Erepyon come back for the Top 100 if this song places?  This is a classic unit.  This is an unstoppable pairing.  They both are irresistibly cute with personalities to match.  I want to know what this is about.  I've memorized part of the dance too.  I don't know what they are singing about, but it is entertaining.  I heard some breathing into the mic.
Tonari no Banana (Oku Manami, Kobayashi Kana)-
I think they are weaker vocally than the first set, and less lively.  But, I'm a fan for these underdogs and I want to see these two comeback into popularity.  Actually, I would be fine if they are just Undergirls.  You know.  Some girls aren't right for senbatsu, but that doesn't mean they aren't as strong.  They just have a different charm.  Awwn!  So cute!

Kioku no Dilemma (Oshima Mai, Masuda Yuka, Noro Kayo, Sato Yukari)-
The costumes are kind of lame.  The song is good and calming.  It is a slow song and it does well with staying interesting.  They have some strong vocalists in this unit.
 Kioku no Dilemma (Kuramochi Asuka, Kohara Haruka, Matsubara Natsumi, Nakata Chisato)-
I like this second cast unit better than the first.  There are more members that I'm more invested in, yes.  However, it is that undergirl charm and I think that kind of works better for these slow songs.  You get what I'm saying?

Confession (Oshima Yuko, Itano Tomomi, Shinoda Mariko, Akimoto Sayaka)-
I love this unit.  I think this is my favorite unit from this stage.  The members fit perfectly for this song.  I've seen the subs for this stage.  I think it is about a guy cheating on her or some guy and she won't be his shoulder to cry on and she won't forgive him.  Everything is perfect.  A little side boob/ cleavage there Oshima (they are wearing tube tops).
Confession (Sato Amina, Kawasaki Nozomi, Ohori Megumi, Naruse Risa)-
There are two strong reasons why this is again my favorite unit.  Amina and Risa.  Wow, Amina in Yuko's spot!  You're just too cute to deny.  I miss Naruse Risa.  The other two I don't care for.  She is really young even though you wouldn't know it.  She should be about 17 years old NOW (not in this stage).  This one has a stronger cute factor and maybe more realistic.  They look more like real girlfriends.  The first set all look like the professional version.  Like in those based on a true story where the cast always look better than the actual people.
 Mori e Ikou-
This is one of my all time favorite stage songs.  It is not something I would expect from and idol group.  What the amazing thing is how intense it is but how quiet it is also.  This is how you do a song with mic stands.  This stage has so much variety, which is why I love it.  Everything is done perfectly.  I want to know what this is about too.  The title has forest in it.
Seishun no Inatzuma-
This is another great song.  It reminds me of 90's hip hop or 90's popular music in general.  Akimoto does well at retro-pop.  This track has a similar mood to the last one: energetic with a low tempo(?).  I don't know about the dance solos.  I remember Sayaka had a good one during the Top 100 in 2009. 
Ikirutte Subarashii-
Oh this one is going to be FUN!  Acchan good job with introducing the song.  I love when she gets excited, her voice sounds boyish (a little).  Are ties important in the lyrics?  A good performance or song, in my opinion, makes me want to join in.  The crowd is pretty still except for some hand movements.  I would be so odd here.  I would want to dance around on my chair.  So far this is a strong stage set.  La la la la la~
Ai no Moufu-
This is delicious.  The slow closing song in wedding dresses, looks like good quality too.  They are basically the same type with different cuts and detailing on top.  I love to look at idols in wedding dresses.  This is beautiful.

Rock da yo, Jinsei wa...-
Encore time!  Oshima Yuko and Mii-chan!  I don't know about those cowboy costumes, but they are f'ing hilarious.  Haruna doesn't seem to love this song as much as everybody else.  Head banging!  I love spastic songs!  Acchan do it again!  What was the point of that Takamina!?!  I have a stupid, big grin on my face. 

50%-
Okay at the very beginning it sounded like the theme of Sailor Moon, just a second.  They toned down the spazzing, but they still have a little of it.  I like this one, but the one before it was better.  Nice expression Sae.  Random raising of the stage.  I wonder if any of the girls get freaked out by that.
Heart ga Kaze wo Hiita Yoru-
I've heard this song before.  I like this song!  Am I doing a good review?  I should read something about how to write a good review.  That didn't help too much.  Some of these stage songs can get a little boring half way through, cause they repeat themselves.  You know what I love about songs?  If they build up to something!  Not a guitar solo.  Mori e Ikou is a good example.  Thanks for reading.  I hope... it... helped.  What are you reading for anyway?  To hear my inner monologue? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...