Friday, September 17, 2010

"Like a sewer rat, I want to be beautiful!"

So how many of of you out there have seen Kimi wa Petto!? for those of you who haven't, please do so immediately, because it's adorable.

http://www.mysoju.com/kimi-wa-petto/

[I mean seriously, look at that face! ---->
this is why I love Jun Mastumoto]


Anyways, I've been re-watching it lately and there's this one scene where they're all out at this karaoke place and when they first cut to the scene they show these two guys belting out "LINDA LINDAAAAA!!" and with out really thinking I started singing along with, which won me some very odd looks from the other people in my house at the time... So I stopped and thought, wait a second, why do I know this song? and that was when I had my AHAA! kind of moment and remembered the ever amazing movie,
Linda Linda Linda!

[do note that this all happened over a span of about 3 seconds in my head].

But anyways, before I get distracted again, I haven't seen this movie in at least a year now, but essentially it's the story of these four girls: Kyoko (Aki Maeda), Kei (Yu Kashii), Nozumi (Shiori Sekine) and Son (Du-na Bae).
Three days before their performance at the school festival, the vocalist and guitarist quit the band leaving Kyoko, Kei and Nozomi struggling to decide on what to do or risk being canceled. And so, Kei takes up the guitar and Son, the Korean exchange student who's still attempting to learn Japanese, is recruited to be their singer.

With the school festival quickly approaching,
the band chooses to perform covers of Linda Linda, An Endless Song, and My Right Hand by the 80's punk rock band, The Blue Hearts. Thus resulting in several late night practice sessions intertwined with the typical shoujo-y drama that comes with being a high school girl in Japan.

But I'm terrible at explaining things, so if you haven't already, go check out this movie for yourself! and until I figure out how to
actually upload videos to the blog, enjoy the link [the title will make that much more sense if you do]. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUab1kM2Rmc&feature=related



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...